Battlecars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pedestrians again rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1/ If my car get rammed before my turn, and so my car is at 0 speed, may my driver leave the car that turn ? Or should I wait next game round placing the speed counter of my pedestrian's speed track on 1 or 2 ?

If I may leave the car that turn, at what speed may I move ? I have not programmed my movement at the start of the game round. So I could just do what I want when I need it ? Strange... I think you have to wait next turn for that reason. But I'm not sure. How do you play ?

2/ In the same turn, may a driver in a car with speed 0:
- fire with one car's weapon at a target
- move abandoning her car (he's now a pedestrian)
- fire again with hand-weapon at another target

3/ In the same turn, may a pedestrian:
- fire with her hand-weapon at a target
- move and enter an abandoned car
- fire again but with one car's weapon at another target

If yes, could a pedestrian:
- fire with her hand-weapon at another target
- move and enter an abandoned car equipped with Gunnery Computer
- fire again with one car's weapon at a third target thanks to the Gunnery Computer

4/ From Battlebikes rules, pedestrians may reload their hand-weapons with any unused ammo in the hand-weapon of a dead pedestrian/driver by occupying the same point.
I suppose a pedestrian can't reload with unused ammo from the turret of a dead driver's car ? Could it be a good house rule ?

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
King Bing wrote:
1/ If my car get rammed before my turn, and so my car is at 0 speed, may my driver leave the car that turn ? Or should I wait next game round placing the speed counter of my pedestrian's speed track on 1 or 2 ?

You wait until the next round. Give him time to unfasten his seat belt.

King Bing wrote:
If I may leave the car that turn, at what speed may I move ? I have not programmed my movement at the start of the game round. So I could just do what I want when I need it ? Strange... I think you have to wait next turn for that reason. But I'm not sure. How do you play ?

As mentioned, you can't move, and in some situations you may even be stunned, disabling your chance to even fire.

King Bing wrote:
2/ In the same turn, may a driver in a car with speed 0:
- fire with one car's weapon at a target
- move abandoning her car (he's now a pedestrian)
- fire again with hand-weapon at another target

- As long as he's not stunned, yes, absolutely.
- Not until he adjusts the pedestrians speed during the set speed phase of a turn.
- I'd say he can't fire his MG from a car, only if moving, seeing as he can fire from buildings and cover fire only when he's actually represented on the board as a pedestrian.

King Bing wrote:
3/ In the same turn, may a pedestrian:
- move and enter an abandoned car
- fire again but with one car's weapon at another target

- Yes.
- Yes.
- Yes.

King Bing wrote:
If yes, could a pedestrian:
- fire with her hand-weapon at another target
- move and enter an abandoned car equipped with Gunnery Computer
- fire again with one car's weapon at a third target thanks to the Gunnery Computer

I'd agree on all of those points. Remember that dishing out bullets opens up a retaliatory shot from whoever you target. If you fire from the open, you'll get pulverised.

King Bing wrote:
4/ From Battlebikes rules, pedestrians may reload their hand-weapons with any unused ammo in the hand-weapon of a dead pedestrian/driver by occupying the same point.
I suppose a pedestrian can't reload with unused ammo from the turret of a dead driver's car ? Could it be a good house rule ?

I'd say as a house rule yes. I think the dead pedestrian reload is there to prevent overuse of the MG ammo from cars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.