Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Takagi
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried purchasing Piecepack via the Mesomorph website, but never heard anything from them - no acknowledgement of my order, no response to my questions via email. I should have been more wary before sending money via PayPal, especially since the website seems not to have been touched in years. Has anyone purchased anything from Mesomorph recently? At this point I am assuming that they are defunct and that my only recourse is to open a dispute with PayPal to get my money back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Dalton
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK they are indeed defunct. The best place now is to purchase them through Blue Panther Games. http://www.bluepantherllc.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's weird how their pricing is higher for international orders even before they add the shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lsamadi wrote:
It's weird how their pricing is higher for international orders even before they add the shipping.

The PayPal shopping cart doesn't let you provide different shipping rates for international orders, so web sites can give different international prices or make people purchase an item called `international shipping'.

Blue Panther provides excellent service and makes nice sets, particularly now that they have the new method of doing the backs. I have nine different sets from them.

PayPal should be able to handle a refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boyle
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Here's an idea. When you write a post saying I think Mesomorph Games is defunct... how about writing MG and asking? Nobody did that, hence the bad information here.

To clarify: MG is still in business, still selling piecepacks.
http://www.mesomorph.com/

David Boyle
Mesomorph Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DBoyle wrote:
Here's an idea. When you write a post saying I think Mesomorph Games is defunct... how about writing MG and asking? Nobody did that, hence the bad information here.

To clarify: MG is still in business, still selling piecepacks.
http://www.mesomorph.com/

David Boyle
Mesomorph Games

In my defense, I placed an order and immediately paid and received no reply or confirmation of my order. I later sent another email requesting more information and was met with no response. Only after opening a dispute with PayPal did I receive a reply, and I did finally receive Piecepack. So while I would now say that Mesomorph Games is still around, to those that are thinking of purchasing, I think it's only fair to describe my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United States
flag msg tools
To answer the question regarding the higher international shipping costs. Currently, international orders (those placed from outside the US) are priced at $3 more per item than domestic orders. This $3 covers the extra shipping involved. All orders outside North America ship by airmail by the way.

In an ideal situation, you would enter your address and country, and the website would provide you with an accurate shipping cost. This feature is coming soon...

Steve Jones
Blue Panther LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
DBoyle wrote:

while i realize this is an old post...
yikes. that response would have been rude and just a method to compound the bad PR emanating from this thread to start with, but since the original poster of this thread seems to have done exactly that (contacted the MG site), it makes it above and beyond the call of let's-yell-at-our-potential-patrons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I've never seen a flying hogfish. I saw one gliding once, but never flying, not actually flying.
United Kingdom
Tyne & Wear
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
while i realize this is an old post...
yikes. that response would have been rude and just a method to compound the bad PR emanating from this thread to start with, but since the original poster of this thread seems to have done exactly that (contacted the MG site), it makes it above and beyond the call of let's-yell-at-our-potential-patrons.

I agree! It may be an old post, but I've just now started looking for a set. No way I would purchase from someone who reacts to their customers like that - the OP was only asking if Mesomorph no longer existed as he hadn't heard anything from them - this would seem like the right forum to be asking that sort of question. Perhaps a post saying "Yes we're still here and sorry I've ignored you order and the money that came with it, I'll deal with it straight away, it never should have ended up with you asking Paypal to refund your money" would have been more appropriate? Or even, "sorry, I've had a stinking time recently and wasn't on the ball" would have been better than what amounts to ranting at your customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered three weeks ago - not having seen this thread. When I e-mailed for confirmation, I received a response indicating that they had my order and would be shipping "tomorrow."

Three weeks later, they have ignored two e-mails with requests for updates and/or tracking. I filed a dispute with PayPal this morning.

Eric

UPDATE: Product arrived today. It was mailed on the sixth - three weeks after I placed the order. I'm impressed with the quality, but disappointed with the delay in shipping and lack of communication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls