Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
So, after the second Kickstarter was announced, we stopped playing KDM. In part because we wanted to see the changes, and in part because it was time for a break.

Just started a new 1.5 campaign last night with my friends. So happy to be playing again. It feels like coming home.

This does make me worry about the nature of my home though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoxe
msg tools
I've had worse.
badge
It's just a flesh wound.
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:

But now that you mention it ... Not much worse than some of the McMansion subdivisions near us. If I can choose, I'll take a White Lion over death-by-distracted-SUV-driver.

You roll a 1. "Self absorbed soccer mom drives her Lexus over the curb and hits you squarely. You fly 30 yards, landing in old lady Smythe's (that's with a 'y') flower bed. A cement garden gnome pierces your spleen. You die."

And at least the HOA dues are low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
So, after the second Kickstarter was announced, we stopped playing KDM. In part because we wanted to see the changes, and in part because it was time for a break.

Just started a new 1.5 campaign last night with my friends. So happy to be playing again. It feels like coming home.

I did pretty much the same thing. Two days ago I kicked off a 1.5 campaign and it feels great to be back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
Olvenskol wrote:

I would be interested in reading a proper BGG review comparing the versions from you (or anyone else who has played both), after a couple campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Still waiting for my 1.5 upgrade to arrive. WOuld you say that the 1.5 changes (no spoilers, pls) make the experience better / very different from 1.3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Shu1984 wrote:
Still waiting for my 1.5 upgrade to arrive. WOuld you say that the 1.5 changes (no spoilers, pls) make the experience better / very different from 1.3?

So far (which isn't very far), I'd say "better" but not "very different". It's the same game with some tuning.

IMO, it could use even more tuning, but that is hardly a surprise. There's only 8 million moving parts in the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually like the savior nerf. The abilities seem tempered and the savior specific SFAs seem to emphasize supporting the rest of the party. Also some of the more punishing story events were toned down or given an up side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.