James Van Niekerk
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mb
"The ravine twists and winds before you, with strange paintings of horrific monsters… or maybe… ponies? A terrible artisan to be sure. So bad. Off-key lute chords carry on the wind, and slowly you hear a rising brigade of voices singing… oh by the gods no…Dirty Limericks!"

http://www.minionsofmordak.com/rumblings-on-the-mount/
See here for the original post.

Hope you guys like it! I'd love to hear what you think? or perhaps, who you think might live here?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Fitzpatrick
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice site layout. Nifty art style. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fertessa
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The site looks very nice, and I like the flavor of your opening text. (I did get confused at the So bad part, but everything else made sense to me). For your website, I don't know if it's just my browser (Firefox) but the bold text is hard for me to read.The text you use for your buttons are all bolded, which takes away some of the letters' form and squishes some of the letters together. I would recommend using the regular/standard version of this typeface instead of bold, if you can change that. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Van Niekerk
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Thanks for the feedback!

I can see what you mean about the "So bad" being confusing. I tweaked it a little for clarity. Sometimes its hard to see those things writing in a bubble! So its good to get the broader feedback!

Unfortunately that font only has the one weight. However I have modified the CSS so the letterforms aren't so crowded. Hopefully that'll help a bit with legibility! Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goh
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the typography work done for the logo! The landscape composition looks great, and the square composition (on your display picture) looks even better. Very nice work!

The site looks pretty good as well. I do agree with Shintotchi that because of the typeface used, some of the headers look a bit squished and could have their tracking be improved. I'm not sure if you've already made the changes, but on my browser the header text on the sidebar still looks a bit squished. It might also be the way my browser is rendering the text. The "Subscribe for Major Game Updates" right on top looks perfectly fine though.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fertessa
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmachine wrote:
Thanks for the feedback!

I can see what you mean about the "So bad" being confusing. I tweaked it a little for clarity. Sometimes its hard to see those things writing in a bubble! So its good to get the broader feedback!

Unfortunately that font only has the one weight. However I have modified the CSS so the letterforms aren't so crowded. Hopefully that'll help a bit with legibility! Cheers!

The font on the buttons are much more readable to me now! I checked in Firefox and Chrome and it's looking good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.