Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
327 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: MoM 2nd Edition PBF #3: Dearly Departed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
humppa dumpa
Finland
flag msg tools
Bodies of the recently deceased
have been disappearing from morgues
and fresh graves all over town.
The Hangman's Hill cemetery
has seen the worst of the thefts,
and you are dead certain that
it is no coincidence.




Monsters:
Regular zombie:1
Red zombie:0
Green zombie:0
Maniac:0
Cultist:0
Zombie Horde:0
Emma Lynch (cult leader):0


Search tokens:
A) Footprints on the path

B) Something has been gouged into the dried mud next to the shed.

C) High pile of boxes

F) The thick chains that once held the cellar doors shut hang broken from the handles.

H) Bookpile on the altar

I) Something has been hastily shoved into a drawer


Explore tokens:
A) The door to the chapel.

B) The entryway to the chapel.


Items:
1) Kerosene Lamp

2) Shovel, Elder Ward and Conclusive Evidence*

3) Scribe's Journal

4) Holy Cross

5) Razor


-----


Player list

*Jenny Barnes (Vardaine)

Possessions: Sledgehammer, Shotgun, .38 Revolver & Lucky Cigarette Case (ITEM LIMIT IS 2 BECAUSE OF BROKEN ARM)
Clues: 1
Health: 3/8
Faceup Damages: Muscle Tear, Lasting Injury, Broken arm
Sanity: 0/6
Status: INSANE!, WOUNDED!, Stunned.

*Sister Mary (Gutripper)
Possessions: None
Clues: 0
Health: 1/6
Faceup Damages: Disfigured
Sanity: 1/8
Status: WOUNDED!

*Dexter Drake (ggdabuh)
Possessions: Forensic Evidence*, Candles, Flare Gun, Poison Mist, Old Journal*, .45 Automatic & Pick Axe
Clues: 5
Health: 1/6
Faceup Damages: Feeble
Sanity: 4/8
Faceup Sanities: Squimish
Status: None
------------
The rules and other thingies:

Copy of the game
All players MUST own a copy of the game and Beyond the Threshold expansion to play. Cards will be identified by name only when possible.


Activity
The player is recommended to inform his/hers incoming AFK moments that takes more than a day (like holidays at home without Internet, cons, family businesses). At Christmas we'll have a break. More about that when it's more when it is more topical.

If player isn't able to continue the game then PLEASE inform it either out loud on the game thread or PM about it to the Keeper. This most likely give other players sympathy and is much nicer to do than just disappearing into Plateu of Leng without any trace. This way we can have a replacement as soon as possible. Keeper at least understands if someone has hard time in RL(yeh).

Also if the player isn't showing any activity for 2 weeks then he/she is considered giving up and the replacement will be commenced. I really hope that we don't have to turn into this sort of measure.


Grammatical problems
Since I'm not native speaker of English and having a mild specific language impairment my writings might be somewhat... weird sometimes. Please forgive me about this.


Typography
-Normal text for discussions.
-Bold for in-game actions
-Italic for fluff, highly recommended.


Character Choice
Every player receives 3 investigators, of which he or she chooses one to play as.


Turns
Investigator turns happen in any order during Investigator phase.

When you claim a turn, post as many actions in advance as you can. If any of your actions are interrupted, you will be allowed to change the remaining moves and actions in response.

Stars in the player list is to ease check who has done his/her actions in this turn.
= All two actions done/finished turn if there was no other things to do.
=Only one action done, next is in line/some things to be done before finishing turn.
=Hasn't done any actions in this turn.


Flipping cards
When the game calls for an investigator to flip over a card (Damage, Sanity etc), Keeper will inform the player of the results.


Rolling dice
Keeper will do the rolls for players what comes from the app, like Explore/Search tokens and events from Mythos phase. This will make game go faster and more fluid.

Players can do the rolls from following actions:
-Push
-Steal
-Extinguish fire
-Tests from casting a spell (Roll a d5 to determine what spell card to pick)
-Mesmerize (Roll a d5 to determine what card to pick)
-Minh's personal ability
-The Lucky Rabbit Foot ability
-Any tests from a Explore/Interaction/Person/Search token that has been failed before since you will know what skill to roll

List of Mesmerize:
1)Dead Weight
2)To Ash
3)Arcane Danger
4)Friendly Advice
5)Relative Safety


When rolling, use this piece of code when you are making roll: 1custom8{iid:3484623;iid:3484623;iid:3484623;iid:3484624;iid:3484624;iid:3484637;iid:3484637;iid:3484637}

The code above will roll a single die. If you want to roll multiple dice, simply change the first number with the number of dice you want to roll. Ie. to roll 2 dice change 1custom8 to 2custom8. Remember to put something on comment (Ie. Strength test: ) to make dice roll less code like!

Thanks to Alexander for making this code!


Clues

Keeper will always ask players about using their clues if any clues have been rolled and if player has any clues or items that affects on turning clues to successes. Players can told in advance would Keeper use his/her clues or not.


Updates

Keeper is usually able to do updates and check out the thread every day at 9-10:00 and after 19:30(GMT+2), unless nothing else has been told before or anything drastic happened IRL. It might take a while to screenshot, write and edit stuff so be patient please.

Subscribe to the thread!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


Jenny Barnes stood in front of her wardrobe. She woke up in the middle of the night with an ominous feeling. The feeling of dread and adventure she had felt on numerous occassions. Something was amiss in Hangman's Hill -what a name for a graveyard.

She was sure her companions could wait a little longer as this was important. She just delivered her favourite hat to the dry cleaner's. How could she possibly be expected to venture outside without it. As she put on multiple others to see if they matched her carefully selected attire the phone rang again. "I'm comming, I'm comming!" she exclaimed at the telephone without actually answering it. As the phone stopped ringing, she put her trusted .38 in the hidden pocket of her dress, grabbed a random hat from her desk, and grumpily stepped into the blackness of the night.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, so let's get this show off the road! I'll offer to create banners for all of you once you've made your choice.

We're with 3 investigators so this may be a tough one. I'm excited to see what will happen as I haven't played this scenario yet. Thanks to Humppa Dumpa to mod yet another MoM2 PBF!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Guigue
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'll take Dexter Drake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We are a bit light on people that can fight and I am quite sure that will be important in this scenario - mine are all lightweights...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
humppa dumpa
Finland
flag msg tools
Let's hope for good rolls then
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So which character did you choose then?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ll take Sister Mary
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
humppa dumpa
Finland
flag msg tools
Starting items:

-Bandages
-Elder Ward
-Flare Gun
-Razor
-Sledgehammer
-Poison Mist

Each investigator begins with 1 clue.


------------

Since start of summer, rumors of disappearing corpses and sightings of deveased loved ones have been spreading throughout Arkham.

The investigators scale the short fence of the Hangman's Hill cemetery with relative ease, careful to avoid any watchful eyes. An anonymous tip has brought them here, though as they crouch behind a thorny bush, they see no immediate sign of trouble. Quietly, all three of them moved among the gravestones; staying in the shadows until one of them notices a chapel in the distance.

The trio moved closer to investigate and noticed a strange metal apparatus has been bolted to the roof of the structure. A warm breeze blows towards them, and under the rustling of the trees there might've been far off voices and the moan of someone in pain.

They approach the chapel of Hangman's Hill and find the building itself weathered and worn down. Its wood creaks and groans in the night breeze. There's a path leading up to the chapel, which is covered in footprints.


You must investigate the reports of missing corpses at Hangman's Hill.

----
Turn 1, Investigator phase



Search tokens:
A) Footprints on the path

Explore tokens:
B) The door to the chapel.

Sight tokens:
A) Chapel yard. An investigator in Garden may reveal the adjacent area.

B) Shape of another building. An investigator in Garden may reveal the adjacent area.


-----

Player list

*Jenny Barnes (Vardaine)

Possessions:
Clues: 1
Health: 0/8
Sanity: 0/6
Status: None

*Sister Mary (Gutripper)
Possessions:
Clues: 1
Health: 0/6
Sanity: 0/8
Status: None

*Dexter Drake (ggdabuh)
Possessions:
Clues: 1
Health: 0/6
Sanity: 0/8
Status: None


-----

'ere we go! I'm using Valkyries images on this if you are wondering. Makes map building a little faster.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my thoughts on the items - what are your own thoughts on who should get what?

I think Dexter should take the Poison Mist for sure given his ability, and maybe 1 more item (not sure which yet)

Maybe we can give Jenny the sledgehammer and Elder Ward she can fight in close combat? Was trying to picture a nun with a sledgehammer as well but her health stats are not quite up for it I think

Sister Mary could take the Razor and maybe the bandages so she can heal someone near her (in theme with her character). The bandages could go with any of the characters really though, especially those that are likely to get hurt (Jenny w. a sledgehammer ?).

Not sure about the Flare Gun need to check that card again.

Generally Sister Mary should not be alone so she can use her ability on the others every turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Sister Mary had heard strange stories about this parish. The parish priest had been well known for his brash behavior and holding long sermons about the symbolisms surrounding the resurrection of Christ. Members of his parish had grown to an almost occult following.

She had never ventured into this area before and her instincts told her of an evil presence, but the missing bodies of Christians buried here shook her to the bone, and she couldn't shirk her responsibilities any longer...

Stepping onto the grounds with her companions she looked around the area to see if she saw anything interesting through the light fog...


Sister Mary reveals both sight tokens as free actions
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Hummpa there's something with the colouring and lettering of the search and exploration tokens that don't match with the map I think
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
humppa dumpa
Finland
flag msg tools
NOTE:This post was accidentally edited into something else. Here's unfixed copy of it.

Sister Mary looks at her left. There were several cracked headstones dotting the lawn as the chapel continued next to it. The first thing she noticed were lighted candles left on the wilting grass.

Then she looked on the graves. One of them appears newer than the rest and has fresh flowers set by the marker.

On one plot, the recently upturned dirt is at odds with the age of the headstone.

There was also a door into a side room of the chapel. Sister Mary wouldn't pay much attention on it in normal circumstances but right next to it was a thick chains that once held this side door shut. Now the chains just hang broken from the handles.

Then the nun looks at her right and saws a shed that has been built in the chapel yeard. There was a light source of somekind behind it. As she peeked a little she noticed that the light was pointing at the ground that has been fluffed.

As she was taking a look away she heard a soft thumb in the shed. The thumb was followed with small clicks. Some one must be inside of that shed. Sister stared at the wall of the shed in hope getting more hints who or what was inside. Instead she noticed a piece of paper sticking out the side of the shed.



Turn 1, Investigator phase





Search tokens:
A) Footprints on the path

B) Something has been gouged into the dried mud next to the shed.

C) A dirty piece of paper stucked to the side of the shed.

D) A mound of fresh dirt does not match the aged grave marker.

E) A new grave and fresh flowers set by the marker.

F) The thick chains that once held the cellar doors shut hang broken from the handles.


Explore tokens:
A) The door to the chapel.

B) An old shed with muffled sounds of someone inside.
Spoiler (click to reveal)


C) A door leading into side room of the chapel.


Items:
1)Kerosene Lamp

2)Candles


Sight tokens:
A) Chapel grounds continue around the building. An investigator in Backyard may reveal the adjacent area.

-----

Player list

*Jenny Barnes (Vardaine)
Possessions:
Clues: 1
Health: 0/8
Sanity: 0/6
Status: None

*Sister Mary (Gutripper)
Possessions:
Clues: 1
Health: 0/6
Sanity: 0/8
Status: None

*Dexter Drake (ggdabuh)
Possessions:
Clues: 1
Health: 0/6
Sanity: 0/8
Status: None

----


Quote:
Hey Hummpa there's something with the colouring and lettering of the search and exploration tokens that don't match with the map I think


Fixed. Hopefully. I'm waiting you guys to decide the items before I update them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1182786. Amateur_Gnome
  • 3custom8{iid:3484623;iid:3484623;iid:3484623;iid:3484624;iid:3484624;iid:3484637;iid:3484637;iid:3484637} =
  • ( iid:3484637 iid:3484624 iid:3484637) =
  • ( iid:3484637 iid:3484624 iid:3484637)
  • Lore test:
  • Wed Nov 1, 2017 7:02 pm
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a free look around to open up the map and get us going - anyone could have done that so it's not really important that I used Sister Mary for that in terms of turn order - I actually think she should be last so that the other investigators could use her ability to convert a magn. glass to a star this turn before she potentially moves into the house.

We still need to agree on the items and so forth as well before wee take any more 'real' actions




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are your banners for you to use whenever you make a post in character:

Sister Mary:


Dexter Drake:


(To access, press "quote" to display the source code from this post then copy the imagecode belonging to your character and paste it whenever making a post).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Guigue
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's best if I take the poison mist, and maybe the flare gun in case of emergency?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


Regarding the items, I am fine with the proposed division by :

Jenny Barnes: Sledgehammer and Elder Ward
Sister Mary: Bandages and Razor
Dexter Drake: Flare Gun and Poison Mist.

Quite a few weapons to start out with. Let's hope that's not a bad omen...

Guillame, if you agree with the above, bold it to make it final.

Regarding the map, would it be a bad thing to split up for a start? (I honestly have never played this scenario, so I wouldn't know it this is good or bad). I'd say someone to the left (Candles: so this should be Dexter?), someone to the right (could be me?), and the last one to search and explore (Sister Mary?).

Or alternatively, we can stick together, but it is difficult to cover much ground that way. Especially now at the start I believe we can do this as there are no monsters and other crazy things on the board (yet).

Any ideas?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the items

I think Jenny or Dexter should check out the shed quickly, if there’s someone to talk to they have high influnce and there’s bound to some useful tools for us in there.

Sister Mary is the Lore/Will type so maybe she should check out the piece of paper? Otherwise I think she should head indoors soon.

Although candles are best for Dexter maybe they are a bit of a waste of time given his ability that makes him focused everytime he gains a new spell (effectively everytime he casts one except first time). Only use an action on that if there’s nothing more interesting around...

So Dexter left, Jenny right and Mary to the paper?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Guigue
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also agree with items, even if I'm not sure of what you mean by "bold it", and going left and taking the candles seem good for my actions.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This text is bold - it's just to signify locking in a decision in the game
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
humppa dumpa
Finland
flag msg tools
Items updated. The game is on! Good luck... devil
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Hummpa! Just to be sure is the cellar entrance (Yellow F) and the side door to the chapel (Red C) in the same place?

You guys go first, and use my ability if needed (I can't use it on myself) then I'll go last...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


A sledgehammer! Seriously, a sledgehammer!? That's the weapon I choose to take with me to a cemetery? Jenny thought to herself while carrying the cumbersome tool around. On her way to Hangman Hill's she discovered that her gun was unloaded. This was the only thing resembling a weapon that she found on the grounds.

After a quick and efficient discussion, the group decided that they could cover more ground when they split up. "Stay within earshot!" Jenny told the others. "Don't venture too far on your own." Whether that advise was of any use remained to be seen, but with that, Jenny Barnes decided to explore the grounds to the east.


Move 2 spaces east. Explore token C.

Edit: Reveal sight token C.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe check out the sight token as well for free?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
humppa dumpa
Finland
flag msg tools


The paper is stained brown, buy Jenny can still see it has been covered front and back with strange formulae.


Amateur_Gnome previously rolled 3custom8{iid:3484623;iid:3484623;iid:3484623;iid:3484624;iid:3484624;iid:3484637;iid:3484637;iid:3484637} = ( iid:3484637 iid:3484624 iid:3484637) = (
) [+]
(Lore test

Using clue?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.