Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Aeon's End: War Eternal» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can Pyrotechnic Surge destroy itself? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
harrison
msg tools
To my understanding the order of resolution for spells is spell X goes from your breach to the discard, then resolve the cast effect. At that time, PS would be in the discard, so can it destroy itself?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say so.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian B
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I agree. Which is part of what makes it especially valuable, despite its two-breach requirement. In the first wave of Aeon's End content, I'm pretty sure Bottled Vortex was the only card that could both destroy other cards as well as itself, and it only went off once. If you wanted to distill your deck to an essential handful of cards (that didn't include a particular destructive card), you generally had to combine BV with another destructive card like Spectral Echo or Transmogrifier. Now Bottled Vortex, Mage's Totem and Pyrotechnic Surge can each destroy other cards and clean themselves up, but BV is limited to one use, and Mage's Totem is restricted to gems and relics. Only PTS can destroy anything in your discard, including itself. And yet, for the damage output it gives, you might not even want to get rid of it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LuckySweep wrote:
And yet, for the damage output it gives, you might not even want to get rid of it.


Especially when playing Dezmo.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian B
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Razoupaf wrote:
LuckySweep wrote:
And yet, for the damage output it gives, you might not even want to get rid of it.


Especially when playing Dezmo.
I think there's a reason her picture is on it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LuckySweep wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
LuckySweep wrote:
And yet, for the damage output it gives, you might not even want to get rid of it.


Especially when playing Dezmo.
I think there's a reason her picture is on it.


You mean because she looks cool? whistle
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian B
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Razoupaf wrote:
LuckySweep wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
LuckySweep wrote:
And yet, for the damage output it gives, you might not even want to get rid of it.


Especially when playing Dezmo.
I think there's a reason her picture is on it.


You mean because she looks cool? whistle
You say "cool", I say "creepy" (I mean, if I saw a girl that looked like her, I'd slowly back away...), but that doesn't mean I like her any less.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.