Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I bought Lair of the Wyrm used.
I'm missing a few damage tokens (not a big deal I think) but I'm also missing 6 travel cards.
Are these 100% necessary for the enjoyment of the expansion and for combining it into base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really, but it is some content you are missing out on. Was it known to you before you bought it that the game was incomplete? Did you buy it at a discounted price because of it?

Because the game is modular, no component (except maybe the map tiles) is essential. But if you buy a game that is incomplete you should be compensated for that in my opinion. Even if you bought it second hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I meant 6 secret room cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jukka-Pekka Tuominen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmb
I agree with many in here.

The travel cards itself are not that important to the game as the base game already comes with 10 travel cards and because of the way the travel cards are used I don't think you probably ever run out of those. The different combinations that you use them is just so vast.

But more travel cards are still pretty much better than less and there is one travel card in LotW that uses the Burning condition which is not used anywhere else.

it is in no way necessary for the enjoyment of the game. I would argue that the travel cards are probably the least enjoymentally aspect of the game in general.

And also.
There should only be 3 travel cards in that expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant 6 secret room cards.

jutuomin wrote:
I agree with many in here.

The travel cards itself are not that important to the game as the base game already comes with 10 travel cards and because of the way the travel cards are used I don't think you probably ever run out of those. The different combinations that you use them is just so vast.

But more travel cards are still pretty much better than less and there is one travel card in LotW that uses the Burning condition which is not used anywhere else.

it is in no way necessary for the enjoyment of the game. I would argue that the travel cards are probably the least enjoymentally aspect of the game in general.

And also.
There should only be 3 travel cards in that expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does any of this advice change because its 6 secret room cards instead of what I mentioned earlier in error?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jukka-Pekka Tuominen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
I meant 6 secret room cards.

If you want to use Secret Rooms then you need those cards.

I have not even found one in any of the games that I have played.

So there is not much missing when playing without the cards (IMO). Just remember to take the Secret Room card out of the Search Card Deck when playing (or if you pick that one up, just take another card instead).

You also don't need any of the Secret Room tokens if you don't use the cards.

OR

You can also just find out what the cards say and then print the texts out and and use instead of the cards.

NOTICE:
I can also say I was wrong to say that the travel cards are the least important aspect of the game. Now that I think of it the Secret Room Cards probably take the trophy. Along with Rumor Cards that I also hardly ever use (although I do think they are great if you want to pick one quest to play in random and you can use the Rumor Cards for that).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.