Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Dempster
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ states:

Quote:
After Game 2, you’ll unlock a mechanism (not Automa) that constructs buildings in inactive charters.

We just completed game 2 but didn't see anything related to this, did we miss something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may have missed something.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
At the end of Game 2, either guidepost you choose will have you unlock cards 125-127 and 401 (and 1 other card depending on what you chose). Card 126 is a new setup rule for inactive charters.

Just so I can better help other people in the future, can you let me know what happened now that you know where this card is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dempster
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much Jamey, I just checked the Archive and Index and found out what happened:

125 and 127 were used and in the Archive, 126 was still in the Index. My friend was unlocking that crate and I can only presume he misread the 125-127 as 125 and 127 only, the print on the box lid is quite small, probably better to refer to the larger printed index guide in future

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul: Thanks! Yes, that makes sense. I've also been using the larger printed guide, as the text is so tiny under the box lid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stathis Kokkinakis
Greece
Nea Ionia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys!

At the start of the game we put all the basic buildings in the inactive charters! so there are no buildings left unbuild! Only crates!

Is this possible or we did something wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stab wrote:
Hey guys!

At the start of the game we put all the basic buildings in the inactive charters! so there are no buildings left unbuild! Only crates!

Is this possible or we did something wrong?

At the beginning of the game one basic building is built in all charters, including inactive charters. All that will be left from them is the initial 6 crates, and no more buildings. In order to get access to more buildings (some of) those crates will need to be opened. Players keep the crates for their charters, crates from the inactive charters go into the advancement deck.

So you have done nothing wrong - that is how it always is at the start of the first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stathis Kokkinakis
Greece
Nea Ionia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your bust-ing quick answer! mr. Strife!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Drake
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Oh jeez, glad I saw this. We are on game 4 and haven't added to any inactive charters or done any guideposts.

I think we can just catch up on buildings easily (we just need to add 3 to each inactive charter).

I am not sure for the guideposts though. Would it make sense to have 2 guideposts for 2 games to catch up? Or should we play a couple of additional short games (unscored?) to catch up? Or should we skip them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should just unlock each of the guideposts out of context of the game until you catch up to the guidepost for the current game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Drake
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
I think you should just unlock each of the guideposts out of context of the game until you catch up to the guidepost for the current game.

Thanks very much for the quick reply, now we can play another game tonight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
We just finished up game 2 and are setting up for Game 3. We had 1 unconstructed building that got added... and that was it. Should we be actively trying to unlock crates to build more?

Also... at the end of game one we kept everything (that was fine) but now after game 2 we can only keep 1 of our cards (assuming no greater capacity)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RiffRaff14 wrote:
Also... at the end of game one we kept everything (that was fine) but now after game 2 we can only keep 1 of our cards (assuming no greater capacity)?

Correct.

Quote:
We just finished up game 2 and are setting up for Game 3. We had 1 unconstructed building that got added... and that was it. Should we be actively trying to unlock crates to build more?
That depends on how you want to play the game, and how quickly you want to unlock stuff and have the charters grow.

The more you unlock, the more buildings that we will be available, and the more stuff that will be unlocked. Also, the persona that is unlocked with each crate goes to the unlocker. Ultimately the players decide the pace of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio de Souza Vieira
Brazil
São Paulo
Brasil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
You may have missed something.

At the end of Game 2, either guidepost you choose will have you unlock cards 125-127 and 401 (and 1 other card depending on what you chose). Card 126 is a new setup rule for inactive charters.

Just so I can better help other people in the future, can you let me know what happened now that you know where this card is?

Hello.
We are leaving for game 4 with 3 players without autom and we are with Guide 402, we open the letters 125-127. Letter 126 is still in the index. I found no reference to chart 126 in the larger index guide. We lost something?

Vieira Sergio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
125-127 means 125, 126, and 127 (the hyphen means "through").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio de Souza Vieira
Brazil
São Paulo
Brasil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
125-127 means 125, 126, and 127 (the hyphen means "through").

Thank you very much, Jamey.
This is the first time I have an author's response.
I will include in the Chronicles the letter and check the sequences that have already come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasmin Gauthier
Canada
flag msg tools
Do we repeat the step from card 126(rule 2) everytime we do the setup starting from game 3 until game 12 for each inactive charter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vestal
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasgcraps wrote:
Do we repeat the step from card 126(rule 2) everytime we do the setup starting from game 3 until game 12 for each inactive charter?

You follow the current setup rules at the beginning of each game. So if rule 2 hasn't been overwritten, you continue to add buildings to inactive charters. Just follow the game setup rules, in order, each game, and any new or rewritten rules will have a modifying or overwriting sticker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasmin Gauthier
Canada
flag msg tools
Ty for that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Neels
Belgium
Brugge
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am still a little bit confused.

We want to start game 3 (2 players) but choose not to have any automa. In the setup fase we read the rule 2 about the non active players. There arent any non active player buildings in the deck. Only non active player crates. Is it correct that as long as we dont open any of crates of the non active players in our turn, these will never get automatically added in the start of a game? So only the first basic building will be usable on the non active player boards for a while ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FluffyMittens wrote:
I am still a little bit confused.

We want to start game 3 (2 players) but choose not to have any automa. In the setup fase we read the rule 2 about the non active players. There arent any non active player buildings in the deck. Only non active player crates. Is it correct that as long as we dont open any of crates of the non active players in our turn, these will never get automatically added in the start of a game? So only the first basic building will be usable on the non active player boards for a while ?

Eventually, players will be discarding buildings into the deck. These are the ones that will be built by non active charters.

It's a little surprising that you didn't discard any after game 2.

Note that building cards only belong to a player/charter when they are in hand. When a player gets a (previously discarded) building card from the deck, they can play it in their charter, regardless of what charter it looks like it should belong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FluffyMittens wrote:

The key points that you may or may not be misunderstanding:
1) Crates and buildings are *not* specific to any charter. Once they are in the advancement deck, *anyone* can buy them and *anyone* can build them (active or inactive).
2) When you a building is built, you put it in the builder's charter, *regardless* of which charter's crate it originally came from.
3) When an inactive charter has an opportunity to build, you go through the deck and find the first available unconstructed building card. (See the first two points above.) If there are no buildings in the deck (crates don't count as buildings), the charter doesn't build anything.
4) At the end of every game starting with game 2, you need to discard down to you capacity. The advancement card capacity covers buildings, crates, assistants, and every other card type with the asterisk symbol on the back. You can keep only your capacity worth of those cards, AND you can only keep a maximum of one of each type of advancement cards, regardless of your capacity. Unconstructed buildings and constructed buildings (crates) are different types of cards, so you can keep one of each if your capacity is at least two.

As Scott mentioned, it's surprising there are no buildings in the deck after game 2 -- I would expect players to have unlocked their crates, and possibly the inactive charters' crates, and ended up with buildings discarded to the advancement deck at the end of game 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.