3 Posts

Monopoly Gamer» Forums » General

Subject: Custom characters skills rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ángel Criado
Spain
flag msg tools
Ok, so I wanted to use SpikeStarkey's templates to create new characters, but I decided that I needed to stablish what characters did I want to add to the game.
After making the list, I started working on some of them (Waluigi, Kirby, Sonic...). But them I thought about the process. I needed to stablish first the set of skills to all of those new characters (star power up skill and the dice skill). So that's why I came here.

I'm going to share the rules I have created for the new characters, and I neeed you guys to tell me what you think about them (are they too overpowered, too underpowered, do they need some balance...). Everything that you can add is great, which means that if you want to give me more ideas for skills I will gladly add them to the post.

Also, I'd recommend that if you are going to talk about a certain set, that you use it's number to talk about it, so people don't get confused (names would work better, since I designed each set specifically for certain characters [number 6 is similar to Wario because it is designed for Waluigi, for example], but I want people to offer their own ideas, without giving them a preset idea for a certain character).
So, here they are, my first 13 skills sets. I'll underline the basic effect for the dice, so people don't get confused.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1-STAR-Throw the dice. Receive that number of coins multiplied by 2.
COINS-Receive three coins. Steal one coin if this player passes another player. The second time you do this, steal 2 coins, and the third time steal 3 coins (it can be done in different turns). After the third one, it resets back to one.

2-STAR-Grab all the coins in your street (streets go from a corner to the next one, like from GO to JAIL) and steal 3 coins to all the players in that same street.
POW-The rest of the players drop 1 coin. If you pass a player, that player drops 3 coins.

3-STAR-Receive the rent for each one of your properties in your current street multiplied by 2.
RED SHELL-Choose one player and make him drop 3 coins. Instead, choose two players and make them both drop 2 coins each.

4-STAR-Receive the rent for your closer property multiplied by 3.
COINS-Receive 3 coins. Receive from 1 to 8 additional coins for every property with a different colour (If you have two from the same colour, it only counts as one colour).

5-STAR-Throw the dice. You can buy a property within that range.
RED SHELL-Choose one player and make him drop 3 coins. A player in the same square as you loses 3 coins (canbe used before or after moving).

6-STAR-Drop from 1 to 8 coins. Go back as many squares as coins you dropped.
BLOOPER-Steal two coins from one player. Steal 1 coin from every player.

7-STAR-Players currently in his street drop 5 coins.
GREEN SHELL-The player in front of you drops 3 coins. The player in front of that one drops 2 coins too.

8-STAR-Receive 2 coins. Roll the numbered dice 2 times and move that many squares. You can buy properties but you can't use the star power again.
POW-All the players drop 1 coin. After they have dropped the coin, throw the skill dice once more (If you get another pow, you can keep rolling.)

9-STAR-Roll a dice and move all the coins in the board to you (counterclockwise) that many squares. You get all the coins that pass though you. The rest of the player don't.
BLOOPER-Steal 2 coins from one player. Steal 2 additional coins to every player your characters passes.

10-STAR-Roll a dice. Multiply your result (for 1/2 use 2, for 3/4 use 3, for 5/6 use 4) by the number of bosses you have defeated and receive that many coins.
BLOOPER-Steal 2 coins from one player. Steal 2 additional coins to each player in your current street.

11-STAR-Drop 2 coins and use the skill of any player (and yours too).
POW-All players drop 1 coin. Go to the square right in front of the next player and apply the rules of that square (if you choose to move after applying this effect, you get to apply the effects of the new square you reach too).

12-STAR-Halve the cost of the next property or rent you have to pay (choose the lowest amount).
POW-All players drop 1 coin. All players pay him an additional coin.

13-STAR-Roll two dice. Steal that number of coins from the rest of the players. You can choose how (If you get to steal 6 coins, you can steal 3 from one, 2 from another player and 1 coin from another.)
COINS-Receive 3 coins. Receive additional coins according to the number of players in the game.

14-STAR-Choose one player to lose his skill this turn. You can use your own and his skils.
RED SHELL-Choose one player and make him drop 3 coins. Make him re-roll his skill dice if you want to this turn.

15-STAR-Receive the rent of all the properties of an opponent of your choosing.
COINS-Receive 3 coins. Receive 1 additional coins if you have 1-3 different coloured properties, 2 coins if you have 4-6, 3 if you have 7-8.

16-STAR-You may drop 10 coins then steal another player's most expensive property.
COINS-Receive 3 coins.You may collect rent from the bank for your 2 cheapest properties.

17-STAR-Ignore the effects of your opponents skills. If they get a red shell or a blooper, they have to choose you.
POW-All the players drop 1 coin. All your opponents go back 3 squares. Only apply the effects of the Thwomp squares. They don’t get any coins. They can’t go past the GO square.

18-STAR-Roll a dice two times. You throw a explosive cart that follows your opponents. The first dice determines the movement of the cart. The second one determines how much coins you steal from them. The explosion has 7 squares of diameter (the square where it explodes , 3 squares before and 3 after). Stays on the board until it explodes.
GREEN SHELL-The player in front of you drops 3 coins. Ignore the next green shell thrown to you.

19-STAR-Roll a dice two times. You shoot a rocket to the opponents in your street or in range of the explosion. Multiply the first dice result by 2, and that is the explosion diameter (not counting the square where it explodes). The second one determines how many squares your opponents go back. The explosion makes the opponents drop 3 coins.
BLOOPER-Steal 2 coins from an opponent. They only receive half the coins on the board this turn (always choose the lowest amount)

20-STAR-Roll a dice two times. Attract the opponents under the first result you rolled and then hit them with a hammer. Steal coins from them according to the second dice result you got. They can’t move this turn unless they get a 3 or higher on a dice.
POW-All players drop 1 coin. The closest player drops additional coins equal to the number of player minus 1. The next one drops one less, and the third one drops two less than the first one. The fourth and following players just drop the base coin.

[I'll add the rest later]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William McCarl
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I loved some of your ideas. I think some of them could have been worded a little more clearly. I decided to use some of these for some character cards that I made up today. Usually I took just one ability for if any for a character but I kept both of #16 intact. It sounds like you could really have fun with that through selling your lower value properties at a mark up to the other players just so you can claim the big ones from them once you save up.

If you want to see the characters I did feel free to look at them over here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1875734/12-street-fighter-c...

You should be able to spot some of the abilities that are similar to yours there on the imgur album of the cards.

I liked this one:
Quote:
9-STAR-Roll a dice and move all the coins in the board to you (counterclockwise) that many squares. You get all the coins that pass though you. The rest of the player don't.

But I reworded it to this because I thought it made more sense:
Quote:
Roll the numbered die. Move all the Coins on the board that many spaces backward. Collect the Coins that land on or pass through your space. The rest of the player don't.

I used that on my Blanka card.

I liked #6 for Waluigi that was an awesome idea for making him similar but still different.

Number 15 was also a cool twist of Peach's ability. It seems perfectly fair to me.
Quote:

Thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ángel Criado
Spain
flag msg tools
WillTheLion wrote:
Number 15 was also a cool twist of Peach's ability. It seems perfectly fair to me.
Quote:

15 is Baby Daisy. I tried to make Daisy and Peach similar, but different, and after that I had to think about how to make Baby Peach and Baby Daisy without changing them that much.
Also, I'm spanish, so if some of the wording sounds weird, now you know why XD
I still have more ideas, but I'm trying to go first through the characters I want to create and give them something that makes you think about that current character. And it gets really difficult as you try to come up with new ideas, because you have to think about them being balanced too.
I'll take a look at your cards too. They look great, by the way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.