Cutthroat Kingdoms» Forums » Rules

Subject: What is the exact effect of the Jeweler card ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrien
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says : "Aquire 1 [gemme] choice from another player OR sell a [gemme] back to the bank for 3 [coins]".

Is it good english ? I don't understand who choose the gemme. Is it the stealer who choose the gemme or the targeted player ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Merlonghi
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Cutthroat Kingdoms releasing from AEG in 2017! Get Med-Evil!
badge
"Let tidings of fortune reign upon your house for a hundred years."
mbmbmbmbmb
The Jeweler lets you take a gem of YOUR choice.

The Thief steals a RANDOM gem.

Does this help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes but one part is still unclear : do I get to break the secrecy of his personnal purse and see all of all of his gems before picking one ? Or do I ask a color and let him give me this color (asking for a new color if necessary) ?

In brief : how does it happen exactly ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Merlonghi
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Cutthroat Kingdoms releasing from AEG in 2017! Get Med-Evil!
badge
"Let tidings of fortune reign upon your house for a hundred years."
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah!

This brings up a massive misunderstanding. There were two ways to play CK originally... with a purse to hide your resources (gems / coins) and without. At the end, we decided to go with the fact that ALL is public (no purse). This encouraged more negotiation.

So:

1.) If you are playing the hidden version of the game, the Jeweler DOES actually let you see their gems (HUGE advantage over the Thief)

2.) If you are playing the public version of the game, it simply takes the one of your choice.

Does this help?

We will be publishing an Errata very shortly with alternate game modes, clarifications, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, that clarifies it up. Indeed, the rulebook talk about personal purses for hidden information. I was a little surprised to find no personal purses in the game and no mention about the fact that we should use proxy material for that. Now I understand that the new rules weren't correctly updated. I enjoy hidden informations though, so I'm glad this will be an alternative game mode.

And for the card, should it also be updated on the next print run ? My english is average for a foreigner, but i feel that the wording is flawed (I may be wrong).

Instead of : "Aquire 1 [gemme] choice from another player OR sell a [gemme] back to the bank for 3 [coins]" (is it correct english ? )

Shouldn't it be something like : "Aquire 1 [gemme] choosen from another player OR sell a [gemme] back to the bank for 3 [coins]"

This one doesn't explicitly says who choose, so maybe : "Aquire 1 [gemme] of your choice from another player's pool OR sell a [gemme] back to the bank for 3 [coins]"
(This one would still need an entrance in the FAQ for the alternative rules with secrecy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.