Al Salsiga
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a thought...

Would it work to play the game with "normal" clockwise order in order to give advantage to new players (first turns) and handicap more experienced players (last turns)?
(specially for 3 and 4 payer games)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kovatch
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you seen this variant from the designers?

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1490865/turn-order-vari...

It uses the normal clockwise turn order but gives different starting money to each player to balance things out a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Salsiga
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya, saw it. Thanks for the input.
Maybe I didn't explain myself very well:
If i'm not mistaken, removing the order tiles and playing in a normal clockwise sequence would result in giving advantage to the first players (1st being the most favoured) and hampering the last players (last being the most handicapped).
If so, would that set up work for groups where there's a mix of newbies playing against more experienced players who know the game well?
It would be something similar to Nations set up, where each player is able to choose individually their own difficulty level, in here using the turn order instead (1st-easier to last-harder).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turn order compensations rarely provide a significant boost for new players. They usually affect only tables of experienced players.

The best way to help new players is to literally help new players with suggestions during their turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.