Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I need to be sure that I understood the 13.0 rule about supply lines correctly.

Here is the text of the rule:

Quote:
This line can be no longer than 15 hexes, must not pass through enemy units or their Zones of Control, and end at a friendly supply source or a road hex that leads to a supply source. The portion of the supply line on the road can be any length, so long as it does not pass through enemy units or their Zones of Control and follows along road hexes and road hexsides.

1) Am I right that, if the line of supply uses sections of a road which are separated by enemy units or ZOCs from reaching the supply line, those road hexes do count among the 15 hexes of the line of supply?
In other words, the only road section that "can be any length" is the segment which leads to the supply line without being cut by enemy units or ZOCs?

2) As a subsidiary question, does the first road hex (of the road wich leads without being blocked to the supply source) reached count as one of the 15 max. hexes of the first part of the supply line?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 2 parts to a supply trace: the first part and the second part. The first part is 15 hexes from the unit to a road hex, just because you have entered a road hex does not mean you need to stop the 15 hex trace of the first part, but you might. The second part is along a road for as long as it takes. For the 15 hexes first part, you do not count the hex the unit is in, but count every only hex in a continuous line of hexes to a maximum of 15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick answer.

So if there are roads on the first part (the only case I see is that an enemy unit or ZOC separates that part of the road from the supply line), they count as belonging to the 15 hex requirement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin wrote:

So if there are roads on the first part (the only case I see is that an enemy unit or ZOC separates that part of the road from the supply line), they count as belonging to the 15 hex requirement.

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrZaat wrote:
Robin wrote:

Yes.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.