Hide
7 Posts

After The Virus» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reeshuffeling and new waves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Schreyer
msg tools
The rules say, that, befor resuffeling, new zombicards are to be added to the stock in the same numbers as the waveindicator shows, after increasing it by one.

That seems to increase awefully quick, once you hit turn 7 or something in that direction, it means you get huge amounts of zombis, and no other cards to play and activate abilitys.

Is it correct to add 7 zombicards, or should one simply add 7 zombies? If you have to add cards: Whats the reason in leveling the wavecounter past 14, since there are only 14 cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Neumann
msg tools
Yes you Add ZombieCards, not amount of Zombies

If you Run out of Zombiecards, you start destroing Equipmentcards (2 non-zombiecards) in your Discardpile before reshuffling

Written in the Rules, after the Example for reshuffling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Schreyer
msg tools
So how are you supposed to be able to beat the game, especially a long mission in single player mode?

For example 2a seems to be impossible, since you have to scout 5 weapons , and destroy them to be able to secure the survivers and everything before round 10, or something like that, for afterwards you are dead anyway.

I mean, I'm not even sure if I could win it, even if I could cheat and decide what the next cards would be ? Maybe I'm missing a point here, but i doeesn't seam possible to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceDealer wrote:
So how are you supposed to be able to beat the game, especially a long mission in single player mode?

For example 2a seems to be impossible, since you have to scout 5 weapons , and destroy them to be able to secure the survivers and everything before round 10, or something like that, for afterwards you are dead anyway.

I mean, I'm not even sure if I could win it, even if I could cheat and decide what the next cards would be ? Maybe I'm missing a point here, but i doeesn't seam possible to me

A lot of positive cards are discarded to gain some effect, they will also be reshuffled. But a lot of times, you need to be prepared for a hand of 5 zombie cards by building up your tableau, which is not reset after each turn. This game is not like Dominion where all cards are discarded after each turn, you can save weapons and traps for coming turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
It's wise to scout cards and try to get a few in your deck so you don't have to shuffle so much. I think that's the thing you have to balance a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Angel Fernandez Gomez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wolverine1977 wrote:
It's wise to scout cards and try to get a few in your deck so you don't have to shuffle so much. I think that's the thing you have to balance a bit.

Soon or later, though I get cards, appear 4 or 5 zombies at the same time and I die 😭

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ananda74 wrote:
wolverine1977 wrote:

Soon or later, though I get cards, appear 4 or 5 zombies at the same time and I die 😭

That's when you need to prepare. Always count on the risk of 5 zombie cards when choosing what to do with spare cards. Concussion Grenade, Car, MC, Chainsaw, there are many cards that will basically save you from one such bad draw. It's not easy, but it's simple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.