Illusions of Glory» Forums » Rules

Subject: rules questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Payne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi,

I'm right in assuming the cards each player selects to begin have to be declared openly at the outset, not inserted into the decks and kept secret?

Also, that unlike for PoG we're meant to reshuffle each turn whether or not the decks have run out? The Rules appear to say this but there's no triangle put in to point out a difference from PoG.

General Von Francois ended up on the Plehve card as well as his own!

It looks like a really strong design though, notwithstanding it's somewhat derivative of the other two games.

Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Silverman
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh, here are your answer:

1. Chosen cards are not disclosed before they’re played.

2. Reshuffle every turn is now an optional rule (an updated rulebook is coming out soob(.

3. The von Francois card has been fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Payne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Dear Perry,

Thanks very much indeed. We should play a lot of it in the coming weeks, so like other players I'd be happy to give you our full comments and feedback given your points about rules revisions.

Personally I think you're right to have a reshuffle each turn - it avoids strategic decisions based on the knowledge that a card's buried in the discards (e.g. Italy can't be involved in the war for the next three turns and so on).

Thanks for your time and work investment in the design. It looks really enjoyable and I'm very keen to play it thoroughly.

Best wishes, Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Payne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
On 1., surely though the choice must be declared openly. Otherwise the AP can go back on the decision re. the "If chosen..." part in red text at the bottom of each card (?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Silverman
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua, I see your point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SchizoCat1 SchizoCat1
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry, but I don't agree at all. Reshuffling every turn will cause high volality in the frequency in which cards are pulled. Ordinarily, a card can be pulled once per discard. Reshuffling each turn means cards can be pulled in consecutive turns or even three turns. This can cause a pretty serious bias in the game and one cannot predict which side it will favor. Once can be sure that the Mobilization cards will be pulled a lot more often than before.

No, I don't like this at all. And I'm a finance guy. This is a bad idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Silverman
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Reshuffling every turn is now optional in the IoG Living Rules manual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Silverman
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can e-mail copies of the updated rulebook, player aid cards, and strategy cards to anyone who sends me his/her e-mail address.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.