Popular Tags: [View All]
Martijn van der Lee
Netherlands
Bussum
Noord Holland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has a lot of rules that combine with each other. The manual does not address all small details (or I just can't find them). So I ended up making some assumptions, but I'm not entirely sure of these.

Q: Discard all cards played from hand?
I assumed all cards played from the hand (including reflexes) are put on the discard pile but I can't find this explicitely mentioned anywhere in the rules.

Q: Pay "focus" cost for embedded actions?
Usually, starting an embedded action has a focus cost associated with it. Is this in addition to the cost of the embedded action or instead of it's cost. I.e. Reflex lets you do an action for +2 focus, the action itself is +1 focus. Does this mean +3 focus or +2 focus?

Q: Discard/put-on-top weapon cards when action started from embedded action on another card?
I assume all rules of an embedded action or to be followed, but this makes some of the hand cards which start embedded actions very weak. Is this really how it's supposed to work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
Tynes wrote:
Q: Discard all cards played from hand?
I assumed all cards played from the hand (including reflexes) are put on the discard pile but I can't find this explicitely mentioned anywhere in the rules.

Yes - though some cards (a tiny few and they're powerful) instruct you to Bury them instead

Tynes wrote:
Q: Pay "focus" cost for embedded actions?
Usually, starting an embedded action has a focus cost associated with it. Is this in addition to the cost of the embedded action or instead of it's cost. I.e. Reflex lets you do an action for +2 focus, the action itself is +1 focus. Does this mean +3 focus or +2 focus?

Yes, you pay the Focus cost for every card that is played

Tynes wrote:
Q: Discard/put-on-top weapon cards when action started from embedded action on another card?
I assume all rules of an embedded action or to be followed, but this makes some of the hand cards which start embedded actions very weak. Is this really how it's supposed to work?

Yes, you follow all the instructions on every card. Each Hero Deck contains various clever little 'engines' to offset the problem of discarding/top-decking Weapons every time they are used (and indeed some Weapons, like the Short Swords used by Aseke and Durgen - but not, notice, Elatha! - stay in play after use; in the base Misfall game, Crow and Ardenai have Daggers which stay in play and in HotM there's a Reward item called the Arcane Dagger that stays in play).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Embedding (and similar frameworks in other games, like action triggers in Arkham Horror) is basically just a way to improve an action that does not stack with other embed-style improvements, to keep card-interactive powercreep in line. They're not supposed to be very super better than attack-boosting reflexes (maybe mildy better to compensate for the no-stacking)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.