Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Southerland
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am over or at my hand size limit, can I still purchase Headline and Capability cards since they don't go into my hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cagey McCageface
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

HAND—When you purchase a card from the Market, place it in your Hand. You cannot purchase a card from the Market if it would violate your Hand Size.

As you said, headlines and capability cards wouldn't violate your hand size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Southerland
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how we read it as well, but I wanted to be sure. While the Glossary says what you quoted, the Purchase action (E3) under Hand Size states...

You may not purchase a card if you do not have room in your Hand.

... and I can't find anything in the expansion rules that clarifies this. That said, we still played it such that you can buy them. Just wanted to be absolutely sure that was the intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that would confirm it more than anything else. Have you got room in your hand? Not for cards that go into your hand, but there is room for headline/capability cards, because they don't sit there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.