Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Ghostel» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Going for 3rd place points on all instead of 1st place points on some? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shotgun Games
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crossed my mind that going for the lowest place points might be a viable strategy instead of aiming for the higher 1st place points. Your only concern is getting a dice on as many guests as possible, instead of trying to out maneuver other players into getting the most on a single guest. Two advantages of going for 3rd place points is that you're going to score on every guest, not just a select few. You also don't have to spend any of your points on the bonus cards because you're no longer focused on generating pips.

Sounds like a fun thing to try. I think that's what makes this game really fun. Neat little alternate win-conditions players can explore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShotgunGames wrote:
Crossed my mind that going for the lowest place points might be a viable strategy instead of aiming for the higher 1st place points. Your only concern is getting a dice on as many guests as possible, instead of trying to out maneuver other players into getting the most on a single guest. Two advantages of going for 3rd place points is that you're going to score on every guest, not just a select few. You also don't have to spend any of your points on the bonus cards because you're no longer focused on generating pips.

Sounds like a fun thing to try. I think that's what makes this game really fun. Neat little alternate win-conditions players can explore.

But you still can only get a maximum of 3 dice down in a single round. Unless there's a really juicy guest I will generally place my dice on 3 different guests (probably 80% of the time). the cards almost always earn you more points when played than you lose in buying them. So not buying cards is going to hurt you more than help unless you roll very well.

I'm not sure how this is even a strategy, let alone a good one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bevan Clatworthy
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hmm, an interesting prospect. Would love to hear how you this pans out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.