Jack Stalica
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...that this game doesn't feature the level of errata (on counter, player aids, and the map) that I see on my just received copy of The African Campaign: Designer's Signature Edition which is about par with Decision Games legendary infamous production quality control.

...Or this will be the last game from this series that I purchase.

There's simply no excuse for sloppy production quality on a 45 year old reprint.

If there are issues - slow things down and do it RIGHT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Absolutely. I’ve changed several things about the proofing process already that have already paid dividends in stopping errors from slipping through. Proofing time for counters alone was 5x more in terms of hours expended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redmond Dunnigan
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I thought the original edition of Red Star/White Eagle came out in 1979. That's the copyright date on the GDW edition sitting here on my shelf, the one with the Three Horsemen of the Bolshevipocalypse on the cover.

Jack, are you saying that there's another edition of RS/WE from seven years earlier than that? If so, maybe from Conflict Games? This would be the first I've ever heard of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
No, there is just the one previous edition. Jack is just being a little loose with his years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redmond Dunnigan
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TAD420 wrote:
No, there is just the one previous edition. Jack is just being a little loose with his years.

Ah, OK. I get it. Years ago we had Kasserine Pass from GDW, and I later found out there was a Conflict edition of that game published, I think, even earlier. Easy enough to imagine a similar history for Red Star/White Eagle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Sooooooooo, Jack -

How'd we do on RSWE?

If you had managed to help proof, I'd already know your thoughts, but since you never helped, I am curious as to how you think we did with RSWE?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Stalica
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I offered, but was told that all tasks were filled by others.

I'll let you know as soon as I examine the game thoroughly.

Hopeful though, Compass has learned from it's experience and improved.

PS. Redmond, regarding the 45-year old reference: that was to TAC (of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redmond Dunnigan
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jstalica wrote:
PS. Redmond, regarding the 45-year old reference: that was to TAC (of course).

I see. It's a touch ambiguous. But it's all one.

I've seen a physical copy of the new RS/WE. It's pretty. And it's pretty big. If I play the GDW edition again, it's going to feel compact in comparison, but I guess its virtue is that it's easy to reach all the way across its map while sitting down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.