Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
How is it that the when the Argie navy fails to 'spot' the Brit TF, that in follow on steps of the sequence of play in step I [ithink] that the Argie Airforce just flies off and does strikes against the British TF?

Confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Airborne Radar vs Shipborne. Also this may be hard to imagine (it often shocks me how far and quickly things changed), but there was no GPS in the 80s, people were still using the sextent for navigation.

You might also consider that no Admiral will just drive his fleet directly at the enemy without considering the chances of win. "Finding" the fleet in this case would mean finding-it-under-advangage, such as when foggy so the Argentine big guns could play and the British Air Power was limited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Thanks for the rationale.

I can see how if you document this at each stage a nice story evolves. But a LOT of die rolling going on.

Not sure why this was not just reduced to a %ages and done with 2 d10. All these dice are a PiA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.