Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Smith
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had 2 patients. At the beginning of my turn, the patient on the main gurney required 4 bandages and started the turn with 2 on it. I then flipped the backup gurney, and it required 2 bandages.

To sustain both patients, I had to use my last 2 bandages: 1 on both patients. On my next turn, I had no bandages left. Do they both die even though I have the cards to buy the bandages?

This leads to a second question. We've run into an issue where at the beginning of a turn, you don't have the cards to sustain your patient, and you can't get them from the middle or from others. Do you just lose your turn, or can you send that patient straight to the morgue immediately so you can draw new patients?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Lavallee
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ShawnPDaddy wrote:
I had 2 patients. At the beginning of my turn, the patient on the main gurney required 4 bandages and started the turn with 2 on it. I then flipped the backup gurney, and it required 2 bandages.

To sustain both patients, I had 2 use my last 2 bandages: 1 on both patients. On my next turn, I have no bandages left. Do they both die even though I have the cards to buy the bandages?

Yes. You don't have the supplies, you end up losing both patients. That's why you also need to make sure how you apply what the patient needs in order to make sure you don't get multiple deaths.

ShawnPDaddy wrote:
This leads to a second question. We've run into an issue where at the beginning of a turn, you don't have the cards to sustain your patient, and you can't get them from the middle or from others. Do you just lose your turn, or can you send that patient straight to the morgue immediately so you can draw new patients?

I don't think there is that mechanic, I think you basically have to watch them die *BUT* I'm going to go over the rules to see what's going on because I have been wrong before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Lavallee
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
So I read over the rules again.

1. No, there is no "discard" mechanic. You can't just kill someone to get a new one. That's the beginning of a cyberpunk novel.
2. However, you only lose ONE patient if you can't save them during the turn.
3. You can still use your turn to do upgrades and to put supplies you may need for your next turn in your cabinets so you never LOSE a turn, even if you can't save anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Smith
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FirestormInk wrote:

1. No, there is no "discard" mechanic. You can't just kill someone to get a new one. That's the beginning of a cyberpunk novel.
3. You can still use your turn to do upgrades and to put supplies you may need for your next turn in your cabinets so you never LOSE a turn, even if you can't save anyone.

LOL to #1

OK, That makes sense since you only lose one patient, and I forgot about doing upgrades, etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kagan
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ShawnPDaddy wrote:

To sustain both patients, I had to use my last 2 bandages: 1 on both patients. On my next turn, I had no bandages left. Do they both die even though I have the cards to buy the bandages?

Hello - here is what you can try to do in these situations. Use both bandages on the backup gurney first. Send backup gurney to hospital. You get back the two bandages IMMEDIATELY into your common supply. Then using your last 3 cards, trade in the middle or ask for HELP using a 2 card swap so that you can make at least one more bandage. Sustain the main gurney with one bandage. If you can make more, store them in the cabinet to be ready for your next turn. -gk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kagan
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FirestormInk wrote:

I don't mean to correct ya, but it is possible to lose both patients.

The rule about only losing 1 has to do with stopping the timer. If you sustain 1 patient and fail to sustain the other, AND the timer flatlines, you lose the patient you couldn't save.

If you sustain BOTH and the timer flatlines, you choose which one to go to the morgue.

However - if you don't sustain both, you lose both.

-gk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kagan
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ShawnPDaddy wrote:
FirestormInk wrote:

LOL to #1

OK, That makes sense since you only lose one patient, and I forgot about doing upgrades, etc

One point to make about when you are really desperate is to try to use the medevac as a backup plan. If you can sustain your main gurney with one card or a previously created token, use the other 4 cards (sometimes it is possible) to trade with the supply and get 4 matching cards. Instantly send your backup gurney patient to the hospital.

I was going to add to only use the medevac if it's worth the VP, but come on, do you really want any deaths on your hands?

-gk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Lavallee
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
When in doubt, listen to Gary. ^_^