Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Does someone have pictures of the final version? Or does it look like the prototype image linked here? I hope not... It sounds very interesting, but if represented by dice, I'm out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Breugelmans
Belgium
Vorselaar
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will unbox the game, maybe this evening and will take pictures.
Posting them here, will give the interested people a good idea of the game then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you in advance! Also interested to see what this actually looks like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was the copy they had at Essen a prototype? They demoed the game for BGG on the last day and you can see it there. Lots of dice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ottevaere Wouter
Belgium
Vosselaar
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
Was the copy they had at Essen a prototype? They demoed the game for BGG on the last day and you can see it there. Lots of dice!

At Spiel Essen there was the final product from DDD Verlag, which has the looks of the prototype from the video.
But there are some layout changes, like the player boards and cards, which have been refined.

But the system of dice as creatures is a nice thing, because with the pips one can simply define the lifespan of the creatures in each environmental type (desert, grasslands, savanah, mountains, forests, artic...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Video?

Reading the description it seems a very thematic game. And then ruined by the chosen components. Dice representing creatures turns me off cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ottevaere Wouter
Belgium
Vosselaar
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GarfieldKlon wrote:
Video?
Reading the description it seems a very thematic game. And then ruined by the chosen components. Dice representing creatures turns me off cry

Maybe you don't know, but the dice representing creatures are completely necessary: each 'creature' (read: one die) placed on the board has its own lifespan, visible by the number of pips on that specific 'creature'/die.

That means: based on the developments on your player board, you check the lifespan of your 'creature' into the specific environment where you want to put it (namely: desert, savanah, grassland, forest, mountains or artic).
Then you check the lifespan wheel and give the 'creature' the correct side of the die (1,2,3,4 or 5).

And that's why your 'creatures' are represented by dice: you can see immediately how long each 'creature' can live (how many turns it will last on the gameboard tiles), just based on the visible upperside of the die.

So that's a kind of practical way for an overview of your 'creatures' and their lifespan. IMHO, I think, this is nicely done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B C
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Garfield is saying aesthetically it is not appealing to Garfield.

It is possible they could have been represented differently rather than just dice dots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ottevaere Wouter
Belgium
Vosselaar
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fjaoaoaoao wrote:
I think Garfield is saying aesthetically it is not appealing to Garfield.

It is possible they could have been represented differently rather than just dice dots.

Mwaah, how would you possibly manage to change those simple and clear-overview dice into real creatures with their lifespan visible?
With animeeples with numbers on them? Or tokens or tiles with pictures/drawings of animals and with numbers on them?

I rather think this is space-saving, easy dexterity, giving quick overview.

Let's agree: Garfield would like to have animals (or animeeples) and doesn't like the abstract and clear use of dice...
Maybe he should contact CMON to create those well-known gorgeous miniatures perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Breugelmans
Belgium
Vorselaar
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Photos are uploaded to the site, now they're waiting to be approved.
A small videoclip will be added also ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pacemaker 67
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GarfieldKlon wrote:
Hi

Does someone have pictures of the final version? Or does it look like the prototype image linked here? I hope not... It sounds very interesting, but if represented by dice, I'm out.

One of the presenters (designers) on the BGG feed seemed very unexcited about the appearance of the final product. He liked the box, though.

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/186006854

4:33:30 +

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Breugelmans
Belgium
Vorselaar
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They wanted a sci-fi themed game ... but the publisher said no :-/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This blog post has pictures...scroll down for the write up and several photos of the game: Essen Days 3 & 4!! All Games Played and Full Conclusion to One of the Best Cons!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.