Noria» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solomode - Bot's actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard P.
Germany
Leichlingen
flag msg tools
Anyone tried the solomode yet? Just finished my first one to learn the mechanics of the game and won easily by 126 to 84 against the bot. Am not sure if I did everything right with regard to the actions of the bot.

Do I have to activate all discs in the active half of the wheel in alphabetic order, even if they are not adjacent to each other? Or like in the normal game, one disc from each ring that are adjacent to each other (so max 3 discs)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yorick Heijink
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
richy81 wrote:
Do I have to activate all discs in the active half of the wheel in alphabetic order, even if they are not adjacent to each other? Or like in the normal game, one disc from each ring that are adjacent to each other (so max 3 discs)?

That's how I understood it as well. Considering that you already won easily, it wouldn't work if the bot was constrained by linked actions as normal players are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Rybiczka
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

the first bot is an easy one, the others get a little bit more nasty and there are some really hard ones to discover on your own.

Regarding the actions - you always activate the discs that were turned into the active half of the bot wheel. With the "energy boost" action of the A disc (starting in round 11) it is possible that up to 5 discs are activated in a single round.

Also note that the bot isn't restricted to only one upgraded disc per round. All upgraded discs that are activated are used twice.

I hope I could answer all questions, if there are more please let me know.

Cheers Roman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SIMONE COLOMBO
Italy
Genova
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry mate. I have bought it at Essen...but where the solo mode is? Was it a promo or something similar?
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yorick Heijink
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ufotexspa wrote:
Sorry mate. I have bought it at Essen...but where the solo mode is? Was it a promo or something similar?
Thanks.

You can find the Solo rules right here in the file section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SIMONE COLOMBO
Italy
Genova
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yorickh wrote:
ufotexspa wrote:
Thanks.

You can find it right here in the file section.

Thanks so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard P.
Germany
Leichlingen
flag msg tools
Tried again and activated all Discs of the bot's lower half now, but this time it was the other extreme. The bot went up to the very top of three chambers. Something most still be misunderstood. Think I'm through with the solomode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Rybiczka
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
richy81 wrote:
Tried again and activated all Discs of the bot's lower half now, but this time it was the other extreme. The bot went up to the very top of three chambers. Something most still be misunderstood. Think I'm through with the solomode.

Yes, you misunderstood my comment: On the Bots turn first you rotate all rings one position in clockwise direction. Second you activate only the discs that are turned into the active half of the bot wheel on that turn. The first Bot is supposed to be easy.

German: Beachte der Bot dreht alle seine Ringe im Uhrzeigersinn am Anfang seines Zuges. Danach aktivierst du nur die Buhstaben Scheiben, die du in der Runde in die aktive Hälfte gedreht hast - nicht alle Scheiben in der aktiven Hälfte. Der erste Bot soll leicht zum Kennenlernen des Spiels sein.

Cheers
Roman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.