United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
For 1AP the Bodyguard can remove a horror from an adjacent tile.

When spawning horrors you spawn 1 on the horror tile closest to a caver.

Because existing horrors move before you spawn new ones why wouldn't you just camp the Bodyguard next to a horror tile, so they always spawn on that one, then on his next then he removes it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because, in my experience anyway, you need everyone you’ve got to be searching for the exit, because there aren’t very many turns in which to find it.

Also, because it’d be really boring for that player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew CARLESS
Italy
Inveruno
MILANO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
Because you need everyone you’ve got to be searching for the exit

This...

my game ended last night and I still had around 15 tiles to uncover before I would have found the exit.. but the lights went out then we died.

Probably this was because I tried to keep the explorers together.. it's a hard balance to find, I'll try again tomorrow but I'm certain that leaving one guy stationary will be nearly impossible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cairns
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
Yeah the bodyguard is great at removing horrors though he doesn’t need to camp at spawning points to ensure they don’t move, I’ve found that when you have a bodyguard in play the Horrors aren’t as much of a threat anyway so I let them move around a few tiles until they are close enough for the bodyguard to get rid of them again.

Without the bodyguard it’s harder though the Scout is handy too as she is sleathly and isn’t seen by Horrors, the rest need to preform the hide action to ensure the Horrors don’t get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Govostis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Also, on the off chance another player is one away from a horror spawn tile, they will cause the horror to spawn there, not by the Bodyguard. His board is numbered 7, so in the base game, the only guy they are less likely to chase is the leader (OK the scout too, because of her ability).

Edit: Also, if you pull a double horror card, the bodyguard is getting taken down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the Mercenary and the Bodyguard and I always made sure that one of them was near any horror tile that was close. There was a couple of times when I left the Bodyguard camping next to a horror tile and it paid off (he killed 2 horrors in 2 consecutive turns). I had to let him run a couple of turns afterward though.

The Mercenary has the stronger ability in some ways, but really there aren’t enough horror cards to really warrant her ability. She’s way more valuable in her survey ability.

It seems as though the horrors are only a real threat when they spawn on top of you OR you have no way to kill them. Then they chase you around and if you have to backtrack, they could kill you. But that’s on the basis of only 1 game so what do I know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.