Most powerful 2nd most 3rd most 4th most Least Powerful
Cleric
Fighter
Ranger
Thief
Wizard
      38 answers
Poll created by Ronaldo
I have just started playing this and heard how unbalanced these are. How are they ranked from best to worst?

EDIT - in PVP games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
The thief is a piece of sh*t
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Edmunds
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In which type of game?

I submit the rankings of the characters in a 2 player PvP will differ from those in a multiplayer game, which will likely differ from those in a 1 vs all game with the Boss Decks, which will likely differ from those in a campaign scenario, which will likely (and I hope will certainly) differ from those in a different campaign scenario. And all those will get jumbled again once treasure and level up cards get added to character decks from campaign experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Montanes-Lleras
Colombia
Bogota
flag msg tools
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE (PLAYER)
badge
My first children's fantasy novel EL DRAGÓN DE VAPOR (illustrations by Marcos Toledo Porras)
mbmbmbmbmb
AJEddy wrote:
In which type of game?

I submit the rankings of the characters in a 2 player PvP will differ from those in a multiplayer game, which will likely differ from those in a 1 vs all game with the Boss Decks, which will likely differ from those in a campaign scenario, which will likely (and I hope will certainly) differ from those in a different campaign scenario. And all those will get jumbled again once treasure and level up cards get added to character decks from campaign experience.

I agree. The thief, for example, that Razoupaf finds so unsatisfying, is actually one of the most powerful (even overpowered) characters in the solo challenge against Tibus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
montanus wrote:
I agree. The thief, for example, that Razoupaf finds so unsatisfying, is actually one of the most powerful (even overpowered) characters in the solo challenge against Tibus.

He is extremely good against Tibus. But he's extremely bad in a bar fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
krs krs
msg tools
So what is the deal with the Cleric?

It seems that opinions vary. Between god-tier and trash-tier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cleric's insane if you get him/her going. Otherwise it's really bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Edmunds
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
krs_ wrote:

In our opinion (mine and my son's) the Cleric is uber boring to play. It takes a fun, zippy game and turns it into a long drawn out snore fest. The better you play the Cleric, the more boring the game becomes. All the healing, and its champion abilities, draaaaag the game out. And taking guards and healing means not buying game end advancing damage. Which also draaaaags the game out.

I have only played PvP Hero Realms, but I have played it A LOT! And after 2 tournaments (and 60 total games) our results saw the Cleric finish second last. I feel the Cleric could have done better in our games but for the fact its pilot got so incredibly bored with the game that he abandoned good Cleric strategy (boring, draggy healing and guarding) to get damage and offence so the game would end.

Just my opinion based on many PvP games played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AJEddy wrote:
krs_ wrote:

In our opinion (mine and my son's) the Cleric is uber boring to play. It takes a fun, zippy game and turns it into a long drawn out snore fest. The better you play the Cleric, the more boring the game becomes. All the healing, and its champion abilities, draaaaag the game out. And taking guards and healing means not buying game end advancing damage. Which also draaaaags the game out.

I have only played PvP Hero Realms, but I have played it A LOT! And after 2 tournaments (and 60 total games) our results saw the Cleric finish second last. I feel the Cleric could have done better in our games but for the fact its pilot got so incredibly bored with the game that he abandoned good Cleric strategy (boring, draggy healing and guarding) to get damage and offence so the game would end.

Just my opinion based on many PvP games played.

Victory by concession is actually good at Magic. See: Eggs. Which was banned. Because it took soooooo long. And usually whiffed. When the opponent didn't concede.

Also, building a control deck with no win condition is actually fun. If you like p*ssing people off ^^

"Kill me already!"
"Oh. I can't, I don't have anything for that in this deck "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
krs krs
msg tools
Can someone who voted for the Cleric to be the best share his thoughts on why would that be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for Fighter because he's OP early game, but to me the Cleric still is the more powerful character mid to late game.

At one point, your attempts at his life will be worthless because he'll be gaining much too much life. His heroes are two less cards he'll have to cycle through in the early deck, essentially being two card draws unless you strike them down.
If you buy into yellow, which you should, you'll virtually be unstoppable as you'll drown the opponent in an army of champions that you'll boost everyturn, that will boost themselves, and you'll generate massive amounts of life.

That said, he's got no card draw to begin with, his item is the weakest of the bunch, and his major ability is probably the weakest too unless you can grab back a Tyrannor or a dragon. And it's been extremely downgraded in the campaign, to the point of lvl 1 being utterly useless. I usually don't even use it anyway.

Strengths: Makes an OP color even more OP. Is virtually untouchable once he gets going. Comes back for the brink in no time.

Weaknesses: No card draw, weak major ability, weak item, very market-dependant. Can be hard to deal with a early strong guard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.