United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Spoilers for at least January.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

We recon-ed the from Washington in January and spent the time/resources to make connections all the way over to San Fransisco (I think it was SF, don't have the board in front of me).

Question is: For the Ship and Charter actions, can they be used from SF (at this point in the game). We decided "no". Since the SF card wasn't in the game yet, the issue was if someone could drive to SF for 1 action and then play a Cairo card to quickly get to the Mediterranean area. We decided that person near had to Drive back to Washington before they were able to use the Ship action.

The rulebook says there needs to be a sea route between starting city and destination and there are no sea lanes out of SF (at least at this point).

Our doubt came from the fact that rulebook also has an odd comment in the Ship & Charter action descriptions about the fact that both starting point and destination will have anchor symbols on them. SF does have an anchor symbol.

We decided that the lack of sea lanes overruled the fact that they both have anchor symbols. Can anyone clarify if that is correct? I'm not looking for spoilers for later in the game, so if there is some mechanism coming later that changes the answer, just let me know that we ruled it correctly for January and leave it at that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hampus Ram
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. No routes, no ship or charter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.