Subject: Alright, let's talk wave 2!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Lang
msg tools
Verbing nouns since 2011
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been tastefully stalking the KD:M Twitter page whistle, but have not seen any news for wave 2. Just curious if anyone out there knows details for the wave of expansions to ship. Since wave 1 was delayed a full season, I'm assuming wave 2 will experience the same.

Anything official (or at least as official as KD gets) yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Allen
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
last I heard Waves 2+ are still on original schedule, just the shear number of core boxes were too big for the original time frame, however for expansions were ok numbers for one not 2 batches (my understanding of the manufacturing process is that the molds for the sprues can only make a certain amount before likelihood of breaking is too high)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wortham
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poots did say that wave 2 would be delayed until after Christmas, although I can't remember where or when he mentioned it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Try searching his Kickstarter comments:

Quote:
Wave 2 is being pushed back to Early 2018. Im not currently evil enough to take care of half the world for the holidays while everyone else has to wait until afterwards. But you know if I end up developing Atnas around that time... !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
As an owner of all CE I say...

let's just skip Wave 2 and get to Wave 3!

P.S. Sorry I just reaaaaaaally need some new content and even my 1.5 upgrade is not here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Wineinger
United States
Wood River
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
You made it personal. All it did was buy you a little more pain than most.
mbmbmbmbmb
You bite your tongue!yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kurczaczekx wrote:
As an owner of all CE I say...

let's just skip Wave 2 and get to Wave 3!

P.S. Sorry I just reaaaaaaally need some new content and even my 1.5 upgrade is not here...

My sentiments exactly. Bring on Wave 3!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Originally, Adam had estimated a 3-month rolling delay, then confirmed to be "early 2018".

Note that "early 2018" is the *start* of fulfillment, when the first few boxes leave his warehouses to any bakcer, not the date by which all backers will have received their items. Adam needs to fulfill 20,000 bakcers, so it will take a while, as we've seen in Wave 1.

I suspect that Wave 2 will actually go slower than Wave 1, because this isn't like Wave 1 where everybody got the same core box, just waiting on the label to slap and ship. Instead, there are more items to pick-and-pack, and they will need to be separately boxed before shipment. The greater labor involved in Wave 2 is going to more than offset the reduction in weight of goods handled.

Of course, that's just a prediction. It could go faster, but I doubt it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on how wave 2 is handled, a lot of KS projects are sorted, packed and labeled at the manufacturers. That way the boxes ship to the distribution hub, they slap on the final address and shipping waybills and it's on the road.

Either way, I now have the core game in hand and had previously picked up the Slenderman, Sunstalker and Lonely Tree expansions during last year's Black Friday Sale. So I have enough KDM to keep me occupied for quite a while. Still looking forward to the rest of the expansion in Wave 2!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrauGeist wrote:
I suspect that Wave 2 will actually go slower than Wave 1, because this isn't like Wave 1 where everybody got the same core box, just waiting on the label to slap and ship. Instead, there are more items to pick-and-pack, and they will need to be separately boxed before shipment. The greater labor involved in Wave 2 is going to more than offset the reduction in weight of goods handled.

This is true, but I also wonder how many people actually got expansions. We know almost every one of the 20,000 backers got a new core or upgrade kit, but if you just count the number of backers who pledged at levels that contain Wave 2 content, it is less than 3500 people. I'm sure many people added some in the PM, but still, they should have half the amount of packages to send out this time! So that may help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
This isn’t news.

Can we move this to General?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vendictar wrote:
GrauGeist wrote:

This is true, but I also wonder how many people actually got expansions. We know almost every one of the 20,000 backers got a new core or upgrade kit, but if you just count the number of backers who pledged at levels that contain Wave 2 content, it is less than 3500 people. I'm sure many people added some in the PM, but still, they should have half the amount of packages to send out this time! So that may help.

Really, that few? Even with the average pledge at over $650? I suppose the people pledging around $2,000 would throw the average a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
Vendictar wrote:
GrauGeist wrote:

Really, that few? Even with the average pledge at over $650? I suppose the people pledging around $2,000 would throw the average a bit.

Keep in mind pledging for all *new* expansions (Wave 4) was well in excess of $650.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good call. Hoping to join that crew as soon as I'm allowed to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nuke_morningstar
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
badge
No Clear Mind
mbmbmbmbmb
I think fulfilment of Wave 2 will be much more complex, maybe less backers but it won't matter. Also, there are many people who have gone for Lantern pledges and ordered only the expansions they desire, even adding more stuff in pledge manager later on, so I don't think it's right to assume only "higher" pledges are mainly waiting for the Wave 2 stuff.

Also, Poots mentioned in Gencon that the plastic for Wave 2 was finished, while printing was NOT. So, I think there is time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wave 2 early 2018 is fine - gives us time to paint and play the base game before we add in new stuff - at least for all us new 1.5 players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Morris
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm new to this thing. Does all of this mean that at some point in the near future expansions will be back in stock in the KDM store?

Gorm? Flower Knight?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sintec
msg tools
TriticusLev wrote:
I'm new to this thing. Does all of this mean that at some point in the near future expansions will be back in stock in the KDM store?

Gorm? Flower Knight?...

I suspect they'll go up in the store around about the time Wave 2 fulfilment ends. Which based on current estimates probably won't be til March next year or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expect preorder sale (at lower price, lower shipping) for Wave 2 to start early Q1, when Adam starts collecting shipping, shipping late Q1/early Q2.

Expect regular KD Shop availability (higher price, standard shipping) to be late Q2.

It's unclear whether KS Backers will be able to add more Wave 2 items to their order, or whether they'll have to preorder for adds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Morris
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Pre-ordered expansions over the weekend. Backer kit says December 2017 for estimated delivery... Accurate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
No. Wave 2 has been bumped to first quarter 2018.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Latest Kickstarter update says the new estimate is February 2018
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amyotheramy wrote:
Try searching his Kickstarter comments:

Quote:
Wave 2 is being pushed back to Early 2018. Im not currently evil enough to take care of half the world for the holidays while everyone else has to wait until afterwards. But you know if I end up developing Atnas around that time... !

I remember reading his comment and thinking that if it weren't for the whinge-fest that is the internet, a lot of people would get to enjoy Wave 2 for the holidays. But since we all know that people will throw a massive tantrum if somebody else gets something first, everybody gets punished by pushing it back to 2018. Definitely one of the downsides of having a connected world.

(For the record, I don't mind waiting and wouldn't mind if my region had to wait till next year while others got it first. Just commenting on something that everyone else seems to view as a positive and I see as a negative.)

As for the topic, I guarantee I won't be finished even assembling most of the core by the time expansions arrive. Heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
japester1 wrote:
Definitely one of the downsides of having a connected world.

It really is. I do my best to follow a 'back it and forget it' philosophy for Kickstarters, but it really does get hard to wait when posts start going up from people playing that most wanted game when you haven't even got a shipping notice yet. I'll be very glad I have the core game in hand for the next round; fulfillment is looking like the end of February, but Asia is supposed to be prioritized onto the first boat out, so I expect that will bump everyone else at least a little. (No complaints here; I'm perfectly happy for others to get their turn at the head of the line.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.