Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
The teaser advert for the Dec 2017 issue of White Dwarf says the magazine comes with "free cards." There's no indication what those cards might be, but my immediate thought was Shadespire (although it probably won't be - Necromunda will be fresh out, and that uses cards too, or it might be something else entirely). I'm just posting this here as advanced warning for those people who don't sub to the magazine, because we all know what happened when White Dwarf gave away a free model last year.

To reiterate - it's probably not Shadespire related, but keep one ear to the ground just in case!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of us that weren't around, what happened when they released a free model? Folks bought 'em all up and resold on ebay? What game was the model for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morph Mode wrote:
For those of us that weren't around, what happened when they released a free model? Folks bought 'em all up and resold on ebay? What game was the model for?

It was a slaughterpriest for Age of Sigmar, which was also useable in Silver Tower, Hammerhal, and Gorechosen. Copies sold very quickly (the model retails for £18 so buying the magazine was a deal). I'm not suggesting a few cards will have the same kind of draw or value, but if it turns out to be something for Shadespire (or any game) that you can't then find somewhere else, I would expect the magazine to fly off shelves. And yeah, then you have to deal with eBay prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Y
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope this is not the case. If its an alternate art or foil card fine. But if its a new card that can't be found anywhere else this is a bad sign. Is there any game that has had limited or hard to get game changing components that worked out well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asianavatar wrote:
I really hope this is not the case. If its an alternate art or foil card fine. But if its a new card that can't be found anywhere else this is a bad sign. Is there any game that has had limited or hard to get game changing components that worked out well?

Pokemon cards spring to mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, turns out it's some cards for Warhammer Quest, folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No wait... Aagh... It's mainly Quest cards, but their IS one Shadespire card. Looks like a ploy. Don't know what, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alt art healing potion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.