Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Amdur
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Asmodee takes over Catan from Mayfair, and then fails to offer decent support. So on Saturday night we opened my brand new copy of Catan Ancient Egypt and one of the blue "papyrus" boats is missing. So, I call Asmodee and they tell me I am SOL! (not in those words). I think it is very lame that they have NO parts for this game even though they are supposed to be supporting it. I apparently have no recourse and I am pissed off at Asmodee but then again who isn't these days?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest you post this in their bgg forums at...

Asmodee

if you want anyone to see it past today (or past this week at the most)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martman wrote:
So Asmodee takes over Catan from Mayfair, and then fails to offer decent support. So on Saturday night we opened my brand new copy of Catan Ancient Egypt and one of the blue "papyrus" boats is missing. So, I call Asmodee and they tell me I am SOL! (not in those words). I think it is very lame that they have NO parts for this game even though they are supposed to be supporting it. I apparently have no recourse and I am pissed off at Asmodee but then again who isn't these days?

They are not "taking over support for the game". They are the new publisher for the game. Ancient Egypt is a 3 year old game that was never published by Asmodee. Why in the world would they have spare parts for a game they never published. Contact Mayfair, or contact Kosmos. The fault lies entirely on them, not Asmodee.

It is completely unfair to Asmodee that you are blaming them for this, and you should both change the subject of this thread and apologize to them for accusing them of something that is in no way their fault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Amdur
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayfair told me they sent parts to Asmodee. Asmodee's contract was to support ALL versions of Cantan, not just the main ones.

"Asmodee North America will also be handling all customer service for component issues. For consumer inquires about component issues, please contact Asmodee Customer Support at https://www.asmodee.us/en/support/"

Apologize? I think not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martman wrote:
Mayfair told me they sent parts to Asmodee. Asmodee's contract was to support ALL versions of Cantan, not just the main ones.

"Asmodee North America will also be handling all customer service for component issues. For consumer inquires about component issues, please contact Asmodee Customer Support at https://www.asmodee.us/en/support/"

Apologize? I think not.

And what did Asmodee actually say? That they don't have the part to send you? There's no guarantee that Mayfair sent them parts for that particular game, or that they still have any left. Still not seeing how it's their fault that they don't have pieces for a game that had a limited print run three years ago that they didn't actually publish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Amdur
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayfair told me they "sent a box of parts for Catan Ancient Egypt" to Asmodee. Asmodee insists there are no parts at all. The game has been discontinued for for how long? 1 year? If even that? Limited run games need to have extra parts made for them. Try and get replacement cards for Star Trek Catan. You can't. Catan Game of Thrones is going to have the same issue. You pay a premium price for these special edition Catans, then there is no where near enough parts for proper customer service. It is also like these companies have never heard of a 3d printer before. It is long past time that game publishers stopped this crap about "no more plastic pieces left" when they could be printed with little fuss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James E
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Return it to the retailer you purchased it from. If that doesn't work, try taking it up with your credit card company because most credit cards offer warranty service for goods that you've purchased with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to discount the OP's experience at all but simply to offer a balancing point of view (and from someone who has no brand loyalty or personal play in which company is which), I did recently reach out to Asmodee about a split GoT board on a copy I hadn't opened in years and bought even longer back and they sent me a new one without hesitation. So this is more in balance to the comment in parentheses on the subject...it seems their customer support is merely chaotic...unsure if that is better.

Hope it gets resolved and happy gaming either way.

M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rietveld
United States
Zeeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martman wrote:

I don't think we've been able to get replacement pieces for that game even 6 months before ANA bought the rights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martman wrote:
Mayfair told me they "sent a box of parts for Catan Ancient Egypt" to Asmodee. Asmodee insists there are no parts at all. The game has been discontinued for for how long? 1 year? If even that? Limited run games need to have extra parts made for them. Try and get replacement cards for Star Trek Catan. You can't. Catan Game of Thrones is going to have the same issue. You pay a premium price for these special edition Catans, then there is no where near enough parts for proper customer service. It is also like these companies have never heard of a 3d printer before. It is long past time that game publishers stopped this crap about "no more plastic pieces left" when they could be printed with little fuss.

They do carry spare parts but they aren't going to carry nearly as many spare parts for a limited run game as they do for standard Catan.

While 3D printers can be purchased inexpensively at around $200, it's not a practical solution for the hundreds if not thousands of requests that ANA and other publishers get for spare parts.

I suggest that you look through BGG and find another user that has the part you're looking for. For what it's worth my standard edition of Catan (purchased while it was still a Mayfair product) is still missing a village piece (I never got around to requesting a replacement piece).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.