Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: rule question about an early game 1 unlock *spoilers inside this thread* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keine Angabe
msg tools
mb
In game 1 you can get helpers (e.g. cat/cook).
Can I use them as normal workers?
Like playing them as normal worker + get the worker bonus later?
So once I have a helper, they are like an extra worker I need to place before retiring my workers. Am I right?

I have another question:
Can I take with capacity 1, 1 resource from each type with me into the next game or just one resource in total?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: rule question about an early game 1 unlock
Keine, can you please put [spoiler] at the beginning of your subject line and hide your spoiler questions using the SP code (it's to the right of the "Insert Geek Link" drop down above your comment dialogue box).

Click below to see the answers.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
For the minions, you'll get the best answer by reading rule 16 in detail--it answers your questions.

As for capacity, capacity 1 equals 1 token. So if you have 2 metal and 1 grain at the end of game 2, but you only have resource capacity 1, you can only keep 1 of those tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: rule question about an early game 1 unlock
Take a closer look at the card with rules that you got with the helper. I don't have the game with me so I can't tell you the exact wording, but you will know by reading it again their special rules. They are not exactly workers, but they do work in a similar way. Read the card and the card will tell you exactly how they work, like where it can be placed and what happens when someone uses the same space as the helper.

Just 1 resource in total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keine Angabe
msg tools
mb
I wrote "spoiler inside this thread" as the title. That should be enough to make people expect them.
So they are workers that can be placed only in my own charter. Which means as soon as I have one of them, I need to place them regulary into my own charter, because otherwise I can't retire my other workers.
PS: "Keine Angabe" is not a name, but means something like "no name entered in this field". You can call me Meril.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meril: I'll reply in spoiler text.

"Which means as soon as I have one of them, I need to place them regulary into my own charter, because otherwise I can't retire my other workers."

You can only place minions in your charter. However, there is no rule that says you must place all of your workers before using a turn to retrieve them. So, say you have 2 regular workers and 2 minions. You place a regular worker somewhere, and on your next turn you place a minion. You then decide (for whatever reason) that you want all of your workers back, so you can use your next turn to retrieve all of your workers even though you have 2 workers in your personal supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keine Angabe
msg tools
mb
Thanks for the reply.
Does the automata get assistants if he opens a box were a player would get one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
Meril wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

Automa will have access to minions, but not in the same way as regular player, as explained in the Automa rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mey-ying Kao
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DJStudley wrote:
Meril wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

Automa will have access to minions, but not in the same way as regular player, as explained in the Automa rules.

Is that a yes to Meril's question, David? We ran (twice) into the situation that one of our automa's had to open a box where a player would get a minion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
cutesnottie wrote:
Is that a yes to Meril's question, David? We ran (twice) into the situation that one of our automa's had to open a box where a player would get a minion.

The only thing that the Automa gets to keep when Unlocking a Crate is persona cards, which are placed in their charter chest. The Automa doesn't get a minion when they are unlocked. At the beginning of each game, the Automa receives one of each unlocked minion type (unlocked in previous games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.