Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keyper (Standard Edition) will be coming to Kickstarter on Wednesday, Nov 1! If you missed the first Kickstarter for the Character Edition or weren't able to pick up a copy in person at Essen Spiel, this is a great way to get the latest installment in the "Key" series!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pedersen
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What has changed that will allow you to put it on Kickstarter since you sold the standard edition in the first campaign as well? Why Kickstarter when you could just release at retail?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note that Richard Breese and R & D Games ran the first KS campaign, not Game Salute. My take on this is that Game Salute will be printing the Retail Edition for wider distribution. This implies that the Retail Edition is farther away from being widely available than I expected, at least until GS gauges interest via KS.
Perhaps I'm wrong but we shouldn't expect it to hit retail stores outside of FunAgain (in charge of fulfillment KS limited 1st print) for the time-being.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Guedes
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea on the pricing and shipping to Europe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
these are probably already printed and they're just using kickstarter as a store and should probably not be allowed to since there is nothing new and the game was already funded w/ kickstarter but I'm sure they'll find some loophole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Clegg
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Calm down, people. Game Salute has kickstarted the North American (at least) publication of every R&D game since Keyflower. No one is hurting you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abram Cordell
msg tools
So what’s the catch here - why would you back the Kickstarter as opposed to waiting for retail? Will there be KS exclusives? Or is it an early access thing for people like myself who are Keydom junkies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drteeth65 wrote:
So what’s the catch here - why would you back the Kickstarter as opposed to waiting for retail? Will there be KS exclusives? Or is it an early access thing for people like myself who are Keydom junkies?

well the keydom junkie kickstarter was a year ago

if this does as well as, say, keyflower, backing this kickstarter from game salute assures you a copy of the game. It might be available cheaper later. it will go on sale once in a while. It will be out of print and more expensive between runs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drteeth65 wrote:
The R&D KS was to launch the Character Edition. I added the Standard Edition to the R&D KS as gamers were requesting that option. The only way to get the Character Edition is from R&D Games at rqbreese@gmail.com

Game Salute are the US distributors and their business model includes the use of KS as a way to distribute the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drteeth65 wrote:

We will be offering Keymelequin in the PledgeManager, which is a direct-only item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Brown
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
Drteeth65 wrote:

We will be offering Keymelequin in the PledgeManager, which is a direct-only item.

I already secured a copy of Keyper directly from R&D, but would love ta have Keymelequin. Can I pledge only for only that in the pledge manager?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abram Cordell
msg tools
Richard Breese wrote:
Drteeth65 wrote:
The R&D KS was to launch the Character Edition. I added the Standard Edition to the R&D KS as gamers were requesting that option. The only way to get the Character Edition is from R&D Games at rqbreese@gmail.com

Game Salute are the US distributors and their business model includes the use of KS as a way to distribute the game.

Richard, first off, you’re the man. Totally looking forward to this and the KeyMarket KS you had been talking about recently (hopefully that’s still on!). I appreciate how interactive you are with your fanbase, I’m sure it’s time consuming to be so accessible. I’m sure more details will be released tomorrow, but is there one way that that we would be able expect to receive the game sooner or will KS and retail deliver at the same time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broadbent
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lunching today?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clbroad wrote:
Lunching today?

Sure. How does Panera at 12:00 sound?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Olathe
KS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clbroad wrote:
Lunching today?

Now I am hungry. Hungry for some Keyples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're live! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rnd/keyper?ref=bggforum...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Guedes
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No Europe? Any plans for that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moraedin wrote:
This looks like a pretty standard Game Salute "storefront USA" campaign to me, which is a really dubious KS - exactly what's being funded here? They state that the game has already been printed shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Moraedin wrote:
This looks like a pretty standard Game Salute "storefront USA" campaign to me, which is a really dubious KS - exactly what's being funded here? They state that the game has already been printed shake

and africa ;P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Guedes
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Richard. Could you please let us European peasants know who will be distributing the game here? Many thanks =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Alberth Silva Barros
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
If I get this KS, will the character mini expansion be available to buy as add-on or standalone on a later that (from meeplesource or other site)?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maedhross wrote:
If I get this KS, will the character mini expansion be available to buy as add-on or standalone on a later that (from meeplesource or other site)?

Thanks in advance.

richard has stated it will not be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moraedin wrote:

We don't distribute the game in Europe, for that you should go through R&D Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Alberth Silva Barros
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
scifiantihero wrote:
Maedhross wrote:

Thanks in advance.

richard has stated it will not be.

Is the character versions still available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.