Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike N.
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We chose to wrap up the night with Coloretto, which was Karla's choice over By Hook or Crook or Medici. It was a good choice since we had all played it before. We decided to play only 3 rounds, since it was getting a little late.

The first few times I played this I always felt someone lucked into victory by being next to someone who played poorly. Well, experience is the best teacher, because this game was excellent tonight! Everyone played excellently, and no one was close to being a runaway winner, like the last couple times.

The game was so close and cut-throat that Scott, Karla, and Vicky sometimes took rows with just one card to avoid getting worse things. I tended to stick around for all three cards, even if I might get a bad row once in a while. The stacks just don't seem to add up if you only take one (or even two) per round.

I always ended up with a lot of cards of most colors, but after a sub-par first round I did pretty well. Dan rocked out, though, with a wild card and set of 6 to whiz past Scott and me for the victory.

Round by round scores:
1 - Karla 21, Vicky 19, Scott 19, Mike 15, Dan 13
2 - Mike 37, Karla 36, Scott 33, Dan 33, Vicky 30
3 - Dan 58, Scott 57, Mike 56, Karla 51, Vicky 49

Dan enjoyed this game for once, and I had much more fun than usual - everyone played very well, and all choices seemed well thought out (though I should add that partway through round 2, karla ran an errand and Jamie who has never played before, took over, handing me a very nice hand - though I thought it was probably the best play he could have made - but I confess I was a bit biased).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.