BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: CCG Gaming community rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Meleti
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
Just out of curiosity, wondering what the scene is when it comes to the CCG gaming community in your area?

In my area, apart from it's common to find MTG players, every other game is seems to lack any strong consistent group of players (or finding any players at all).

Games I haven't seen any organized play or large group of people meeting often including LCGs like Netrunner, Game of Thrones 2nd ed, VS systems, Pokemon, YuGiOh, Star War Destiny, Ashes of the Phoenix etc...

I'm curious as to whether it's just my local gaming community is very limited in other CCGs or why in particular these other CCG don't have a following of a gaming community

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stanton
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might just be your area. I find that any CCG needs a critical mass of players & an active tournament scene. Without these, it will inevitably dwindle.
My local area has two strong magic communities (with some overlap), big Yugioh & Pokemon following in the town (less so in the other nearby towns)
It may be because of the FLGS/Comic stores nearby & what games get played there although if the community grows large enough, the shop becomes less necessary.
It does also need a decent tournament support from the game publishers/distributors. Lack of that can kill a game (Enterplay with MLPCCG hasn't exactly handled this aspect well)
Not seen much of other CCGs to the extent of not even seeing the product in the shops

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.