Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Black Orchestra» Forums » General

Subject: Worth sourcing 1st edition, or waiting until 2nd edition is released? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carter Burke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now it looks like the second edition is being pushed back until January, is it worth picking up a 1st edition second hand, or waiting for the second edition?

I realize the differences (wooden meeples, fancy dice, interrogation deck, etc..) but I’m interested if first edition owners think the changes are worth waiting for.

Thanks for your opinions! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Entrecruzado
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the first edition and backed the campaign for the upgrade kit. The new interrogation cards and modified board will outdate it for sure. New dice and meeples are meh, I bought minis for Hitler and deputies.

robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ma Hongkui
mbmbmbmbmb
Carter_Burke wrote:
Now it looks like the second edition is being pushed back until January, is it worth picking up a 1st edition second hand, or waiting for the second edition?

I realize the differences (wooden meeples, fancy dice, interrogation deck, etc..) but I’m interested if first edition owners think the changes are worth waiting for.

Thanks for your opinions! cool

I think the question is simply exactly how desperate you are to get it. I play ASL, thus I am used to waiting literally years for reprints and so waiting a few months is no big deal from my perspective. That said, while I have ordered the upgrade kit because I'm a completist, the first edition is really perfectly serviceable as is, so if you want to get it right away, I would say that you won't have many regrets about buying a first edition copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pol Carretero
Spain
flag msg tools
Sorry friend, where did you get these minis of hitler and deputies?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Entrecruzado
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1677841/miniatures

robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered it from Miniature Market rather than buy a 1st edition. I now reserve right to start complaining about the wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.