Subject: Game board and tile size(s) - anyone who already has a copy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amy M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
I know some folks picked this up at Essen,and some Europe-based geeks have already gotten copies in the mail. If you have it and have cracked it open, would you mind reporting the dimensions of the game board and award/milestone tiles? Inches or mm would be equally appreciated.
I’m making myself an insert for the main game and want to make sure I account for this expansion.
Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The0ry wrote:
Hi,
I know some folks picked this up at Essen,and some Europe-based geeks have already gotten copies in the mail. If you have it and have cracked it open, would you mind reporting the dimensions of the game board and award/milestone tiles? Inches or mm would be equally appreciated.
I’m making myself an insert for the main game and want to make sure I account for this expansion.
Thanks in advance!

I haven't played the base game yet, tossed the expansion box and put the components into the base game box, so I hope I'm replying to the right thing.

is the exact same size as a base game player mat (well, there might be 0.X mm difference).

The award and milestone tiles are 45 mm (measured at the peak of the curve on the top) x 73 mm.

Hope that's what you were asking for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Perfect! Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The0ry wrote:
Perfect! Thank you!

Happy to help .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Air Scrapping"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Metal Rat wrote:
"Air Scrapping"?

There's too much air on Venus, so you have to scrap a lot of it before humans can live there .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
The award and milestone tiles are 45 mm (measured at the peak of the curve on the top) x 73 mm.

Actually, they slightly differ in width. The milstone tile is 73 mm, but the award tile is 65 mm.

That way, they fit onto the milestone/award captions on the board just right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snapshot wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:

Actually, they slightly differ in width. The milstone tile is 73 mm, but the award tile is 65 mm.

That way, they fit onto the milestone/award captions on the board just right.

Crap. I didn’t notice that. I just measured one of them.

Thank you for catching that. Hope it didn’t cause any problems for the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
Metal Rat wrote:
"Air Scrapping"?

There's too much air on Venus, so you have to scrap a lot of it before humans can live there .

Ah, OK, thank you. So, removing the air and trashing it someplace else. I thought maybe this was a really-unfortunate typo for "Air Scraping."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Metal Rat wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
Metal Rat wrote:
"Air Scrapping"?

Ah, OK, thank you. So, removing the air and trashing it someplace else. I thought maybe this was a really-unfortunate typo for "Air Scraping."

I was just joking . I’m guessing it’s the unfortunate typo explanation, that’s the right one, but I haven’t read the rulebook to see whether there’s an explanation for the word - I much prefer joking and teasing to fact checking .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
Metal Rat wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
Metal Rat wrote:
"Air Scrapping"?

I was just joking . I’m guessing it’s the unfortunate typo explanation, that’s the right one, but I haven’t read the rulebook to see whether there’s an explanation for the word - I much prefer joking and teasing to fact checking .

You got me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Metal Rat wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
Metal Rat wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
Metal Rat wrote:
"Air Scrapping"?

You got me.

1-0 to me .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
Metal Rat wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
Metal Rat wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
Metal Rat wrote:
"Air Scrapping"?

You got me.

1-0 to me .

I'll be back... ninja cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.