Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zoltan Barta
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys,

For you it is maybe obvious but for me not really... I received two leader tokens. The first one is the normal token from the base game, also found on the game components list in the rule book - OK.

The second leader token is a bit larger, and all the creature type identifier small tokens can be punched out from it. Exactly looks like the one can be found in Rule book page 24.

Both tokens has day and night sides. What the second can be used for and should I punch out the creature types?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribed, as me me is it not obvious, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dock
msg tools
mbmb
The second leader token is used in the second book as part of the story. ( don't want to give spoilers away.)

Also you can use it to track characters such as bounty hunter to show which creatures he's hunting etc.(well as long as your not doing the other journals missions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schmidt
Germany
flag msg tools
Isn't it quite normal for a storytelling game that a lot of stuff is included which no one has a clue what they are for?
This stuff comes all into play when needed. I would just start playing with the stuff described in rule book start of new story and that's it.
If then after introducing new components in the story journal there still are questions its okay to ask for further input :-)

What i want to tell ya? Just start playing and have fun until you come across all the nice goodies packed in the boxes once a story is in need for that stuff i hope/think it will tell us.

All the best and have a good time playing
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltan Barta
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry Peter but when you are completely missing whole decks of cards from your Premiere pledge then pardon me the reason I would like to know what I got is normal, or it is a new error I just found out again.

I think people can ask freely what is the stuff in their 300 USD game and it is not a bad think if I want to know what I bought... thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Croaton wrote:
Hi Guys,

For you it is maybe obvious but for me not really... I received two leader tokens. The first one is the normal token from the base game, also found on the game components list in the rule book - OK.

The second leader token is a bit larger, and all the creature type identifier small tokens can be punched out from it. Exactly looks like the one can be found in Rule book page 24.

Both tokens has day and night sides. What the second can be used for and should I punch out the creature types?

Play the expansion stories in dark tales and all will become clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schmidt
Germany
flag msg tools
Croaton wrote:
I'm sorry Peter but when you are completely missing whole decks of cards from your Premiere pledge then pardon me the reason I would like to know what I got is normal, or it is a new error I just found out again.

I think people can ask freely what is the stuff in their 300 USD game and it is not a bad think if I want to know what I bought... thanks

No reason to get angry with me first you did not state anything about missing stuff and second as i said when playing everything explains itself.

My answer was respectful and even helpful for this kind of question youve asked without any spoiler and if you just wanted to know if this token has to be in your box or not.

A component list for tokens is the punchboard itself for if missing pieces are there you definitely will notice. If missing whole cardstock give greenbrier a call they can and will help you.

A story based game will have surprises and you will and should definitely not know everything from start (besides spoiling makes you happy). I am not talking about questions if something is missing or should be included but questions about what each token is for.

Since the mentioned token is from the dark tales expansion it is rather obvious that this token should only be used for stories beyond the base game.

So i am sorry if you got me wrong. ;-) i did not mean it the way you probably got it? No offense meant.

All the best and as said happy playing
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Croaton wrote:
What the second can be used for and should I punch out the creature types?

I am still confused if I should punch out the tokens from the marker? Should I keep these tokens or are they just illustration?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dock
msg tools
mbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Croaton wrote:
What the second can be used for and should I punch out the creature types?

I am still confused if I should punch out the tokens from the marker? Should I keep these tokens or are they just illustration?

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Hi kristo
I would recommend Keeping them on for now,when you reach the second journal pop them out and you will catch on quickly as to what will happen through the story. Don't through any of the counters away these are not for show and used in the adventure .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.