Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Helvard
Denmark
Aarhus C
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I`m right now in the process of glueing the cratons together and I realize that I have 2 each of Siberia and Laurentia and no Baltica or Gondwana. Anyone else have this problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a misprint but a packaging mistake I guess.
You got two identical punchboards.
Contact smg and it'll be sorted out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Huber-Wehner
Germany
Brühl
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
helvard wrote:
I`m right now in the process of glueing the cratons together and I realize that I have 2 each of Siberia and Laurentia and no Baltica or Gondwana. Anyone else have this problem?

It seems that in my box the cratons are right: Gondwana, Laurentia, Baltica, Siberia, Ishtar, Aphrodite, Arabia and Tharsis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
helvard wrote:

Why is there glue involved? Does this game require some assembly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Huber-Wehner
Germany
Brühl
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's optional. You can if you want to, it's not mandatory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Nicastro
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
helvard wrote:

Why is there glue involved? Does this game require some assembly?

long story short: you get 8 cratons, but they suggest (if you want) to glue them 2 by 2 in a specific way (terrestrial on one side, ET on the other side), so that they can kinda fit together in a puzzley way.

I am tempted to do it, but i am afraid it will make the connection between cratons and latitude strip weird, so i want to read all the rules (and hearing what other people think) before doing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mitTch wrote:
I am tempted to do it, but i am afraid it will make the connection between cratons and latitude strip weird, so i want to read all the rules (and hearing what other people think) before doing it.

I highly recommend it since disks can be placed on the "shelves" (offshores) formed by the joined cratons. When the cratons move, these disks move with it. If you don't have the cratons attached back to back, there are no "shelves", so the disks would be on the table next to the craton (you'd need to remember to move the disks whenever you move the craton).

The rulebook describes how they should be glued, and all examples show them glued. You could always use double-sided tape if you were worried about messing up.

If you don't glue them, remember that any references to "shelves" in the rulebook will instead just refer to the slots on the right side of the craton.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Hoppe
Denmark
Frederiksberg
flag msg tools
What are you, like 80?
badge
It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.
mbmbmbmbmb
helvard wrote:

Yep, mine is the same (2x Siberia/Laurentia, 0x Baltica/Gondwana)... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is any component issues with SMG games, please add your complaint at the Googledocs spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VJj13s5-M04emqZwmwa7...

Fill out the form and I will send replacements. If you do NOT want contact info listed, please put "SEE SEPARATE E-MAIL" in the address block, and I will search for the email. If you do not use the form, and just send an email, it will get lost in the chaos, and I won't be able to track how many components I need and have left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dsdhornet wrote:
mitTch wrote:

I highly recommend it since disks can be placed on the "shelves" (offshores) formed by the joined cratons. When the cratons move, these disks move with it. If you don't have the cratons attached back to back, there are no "shelves", so the disks would be on the table next to the craton (you'd need to remember to move the disks whenever you move the craton).

The rulebook describes how they should be glued, and all examples show them glued. You could always use double-sided tape if you were worried about messing up.

If you don't glue them, remember that any references to "shelves" in the rulebook will instead just refer to the slots on the right side of the craton.

I just want to mention that this "assembly" is done in about 3 minutes if you have a glue stick and is really fool proof. I am not dextreous in any way and had no problem (it is really just glueing to large cardboard chits together). As David has mentioned it is still optional if you want to start playing right away after you have removed the shrink wrap.

The components seem to be much higher quality since the resulting cardboard is really thick (obviously), the indents for the dice deep and there is a minimal 3D effect for the offshore shelves. In fact, this is such an easy solution that I would like to see more games implementing this when "Scythe-like" boards would yield a benefit but publishers consider the costs too high. Especially for Terraforming Mars an additional cardboard layer that you just glue to the existing player boards would be so much better and render all those overlay assecories redundant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Hoppe
Denmark
Frederiksberg
flag msg tools
What are you, like 80?
badge
It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my replacement components in the mail today. Thanks Phil!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Helvard
Denmark
Aarhus C
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my cards today - no sign of the cratons yet, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Nicastro
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i got both the bios genesis rulebook and the misprinted cards today (and a creeple that was damaged!)
everything looks perfect and it was really fast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.