Queendomino» Forums » Rules

Subject: additional rules from Kingdomino rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C GX
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Queendomino rules book, there don't seem to be mention of the additional rules from Kingdomino, like middle kingdom, dynasty.

Are they implied or they are specifically out for Queendomino?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
I didn't hear anything about that, but somehow I guess they assume that either you own Kingdomino as well and therefor know those rules, or they think that the points you can get from cities nullifies the usefullness of going for the bonus points for a centered castle and a full grid.

In Kingdomino, these extra points can really make a difference in winning or losing the game, but what I heard from Queendomino, you're probably going to have a much bigger amount of points on average. Then the question will be if those bonus points won't be too few to make that difference. Yeah, perhaps for evenly matched players, but otherwise... I don't know.

Why not just try it? I think that these variant rules for Kingdomino are designed to play with in a 5x5 game, because you're getting fewer points in total than in a 7x7 game. I guess that these variant rules will make less difference in 5x5 Queendomino than in 5x5 Kingdomino, but at least I think it is a more useful variant for 5x5 Queendomino than in both of the 7x7 games.

Either way, nothing will stop you from doing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam R
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
Middle Kingdom and those variants were in kingdomino to give it a little more “meat” since the game was so simple. It would add an extra requirement so that your choices when placing tiles would mean more.

Queendomino doesn’t need these variants, there’s a good amount of “meat” to the game. Plenty of choices Are given so those variants aren’t as interesting. But needless to say you can still play with them. It would certainly add a little more of a challenge with all the new mechanisms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LateShacka wrote:
Middle Kingdom and those variants were in kingdomino to give it a little more “meat” since the game was so simple. It would add an extra requirement so that your choices when placing tiles would mean more.

Queendomino doesn’t need these variants, there’s a good amount of “meat” to the game. Plenty of choices Are given so those variants aren’t as interesting. But needless to say you can still play with them. It would certainly add a little more of a challenge with all the new mechanisms.

Thanks Sam ! you exactly explained why i choosed not to add these 2 variants in Queendomino.. there is stil enough things to think about when making your choices
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.