Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Yet another (another!) painted minis thread: our 4 starting classes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oooooh what fun I had painting these 4! Everyone in my group was able to pitch their ideas / wishes for their mini and I happily obliged. (PS:
The bases' sides will be painted black; they're still a bit uneven but I couldn't be bothered finishing those.)

The Wild Bunch

Cragheart (player wished for elemental magic and crystals)

Brute (player wished for nomadic tribe / vagabond look, muted colour palette, arid base)

Mindthief (my character; I wanted to somehow reflect the swampy sewers below Gloomhaven. AK Terrain's 'Still Water' was colored with washes + a pinch of mulch and used to 'flood' a small tree + bushes)

Tinkerer (player wished for a red / blue colour theme + a 'fiery spark'--I hope I did the little beasty justice)

I hope you like them. Wish us luck; we'll be going back down into the Barrow Lair soon, trying to vanquish the foe that laid waste to our little group last time.

See you in Gloomhaven!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Brennan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Eternally
badge
Deluded
mbmbmbmbmb
Good work dude! love the bubbling lava on the Tinkerer base!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lbrennan85 wrote:
Good work dude! love the bubbling lava on the Tinkerer base!

Thanks, mate! I made the bubbles with a glue gun: I let the plastic drip out and harden in mid-air, cut the globby ends off and glued them onto the base. Then I primed the bubbles + the (cork) stones with brush-on primer (too humid for rattle cans in northern Germany right now laugh ), painted the whole thing with a lot of wet-blending plus a bit of OSL for the Tinkerer and, VOILA. I hope the Tinkerer's player is going to like it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, these are amazing! Really inspiring. Great work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Moving on: it was the scoundrel's turn this time! I didn't care for the miniature's pose and wanted to set the scene for something different. I imagined something coiled around her arm, with her preparing to cut it off!

I had never used green stuff before but bravely added both tentacles to the base as well as the snake-thing to her arm (fixed with a bit of superglue dropped into the recesses). I think it came out quite nicely. I hope you like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.