Hide
11 Posts

Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Warband Wiped out, what happens next? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Carrier
msg tools
I didn't find the book very clear on this (I find the book a bit too wordy for its own good at times)

If an entire Warband is wiped out in Round 1 or Round 2, what happens to the remaining rounds? Does the remaining player act out the remaining round(s)? Grabbing objectives and victory points freely? Or did the game end at the end of that round where only one Warband was left standing?

When playing 3/4 players, when a player's Warband is wiped out, is that player immediately removed from the game? Or are they still able to play some Power cards or score Objective cards during following activations / rounds? Do they still get to do whatever actions they would be able to do during their Activations that simply don't involve warriors on the board?

Hope these are not too silly of questions... thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Becker
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
badge
Banana!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it is not specific in the rule book, I believe you finish playing the game as normal through all three rounds...including you getting your 4 actions.

As you could draw more objective cards, as ones in your deck may allow you to score additional points (or maybe future cards in unreleased expansions).

Unlike something as Imperial Assault, where the skirmish rules specifically state of of the game ending triggers is when an entire side is wiped off the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game always last 3 rounds, regardless of whether a warband's fighters have been eliminated or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mb
I believe it is spelled out in the rulebook although I don't have it in front of me to confirm - but yes you keep playing. Keep in mind, actions are not just spent on activating miniatures. There are also cards to play and you can keep earning glory through objective cards after your fighters are all out of action - plus you may be able to keep your opponent from earning glory, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t have my rule book here but it definitely defines that you continue and play all three rounds. It even says something about those rounds being very short.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carrier
msg tools
Great! Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A
msg tools
At this point, all you can hope for is that you get an objective card that will score you glory points, such as denial and others. Use your activation to discard and draw new objective cards. Also, if you are in the lead, use your ploy power cards to mess up your opponent... push them off objectives and such.

But usually if you are wiped in round 2... you are in trouble!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way - it's on page 25 of the rules in a box out called "No enemies in Sight."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Dunks
United States
Providence Forge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This rule shows GW’s serious comment to tournament play with this game. If you defeated someone in the early turns you’d lose the chance to score more VPs and hurt your ranking for the next round if the above rule was not in place. Very insightful to include it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallack Wallack
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Plus also you might have 1 model alive and have less points, let's say stormcast face reavers and a reaver wins. Let's say they didn't score any objective (Because draw happens). The stormcast has 4 glory points while the reaver has only 2 but being alive might allow him to score some objectives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carrier
msg tools
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
By the way - it's on page 25 of the rules in a box out called "No enemies in Sight."

Yes, which I originally read, but I didn't find it clear because it says "if a warband is taken entirely out of action in round 1 or 2, you still need to play the remaining phases", not "the remaining rounds". So I didn't find it clear enough... especially since they did use both the words "rounds" and "phases" in this same sentence. It could have meant that you finished the phases of Round 2, but the game would then end there...

I'm still wondering if that might be the case... especially that I just read it again :/

OK! They indirectly clarify this exact point in the FAQ that just released... where they clarify if Sigmar's Bulwark can be scored if no warriors were alive during an entire action phase... that means they MUST have died in a previous round... thus the game DID continue through following rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.