Richard Spas
United States
Rescue
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this in an e-mail today:
Quote:
e've spent almost a year working on the new version of Skull Tales 2.0, improving the vast majority of character and enemy illustrations, component quality, design, and, above all, the rules. In particular, we've greatly increased the depth of the rules for the Voyage and Port Phases which, without being complicated, are pretty much like independent games in and of themselves: Adventure, Voyage , and Port: 3 games in 1! In the Port phase, besides adding new event cards, among other things there will be a new board that will allow all characters to move between different locations to carry out actions: buy/sell, visit la Madame, listen out for rumors in the Tavern...it should remind many of Monkey Island... There will also be an optional rule, boarding of the ships...

We've been working with dozens of different Skull Tales fan groups testing a wide range of rules and improving all aspects of the game including mechanics, setting, and aesthetics. The best thing about it, though, is that anyone who has the previous version, as a thanks for being our very first backers, will be able to get the Version 2.0 adaptation on Kickstarter at a very nice price as well as get the exclusive extras for the new version.

We will keep you informed about the approximate launch date.

While I do love the first one, I'd be happy to see an updated version.
I also LOVE the fact that they will reward the first KS backers with something.

I'm looking forward to this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Psycho Wolf
Germany
Saarbrücken
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds very nice to me!

Also would like to buy the Miniatures for the Voyage Phase.
If they could make it possible to purchase them once more, it would be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riojano2002
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://eclipseeditorial.com/games/skull-tales-2-0-en-el-2018...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I saw this, I decided to hold on to my copy in case they fixed a few of the issues that had me ready to trade/sell it. I broke it out today and played the first scenario with all new characters and had fun. It's a little fiddly but very thematic.

To me, the biggest "broken" thing in the game is the voyage phase. Between the event rolls (probability goes up as you improve your boat's sails!) and the combative nature of everyone working against the Captain it just didn't work for me.

I'd like to see an alternative where the players are working together but [/i]could[/i] go for a mutiny. There needs to be some risk/reward for it. Thematically, these people are working together, a mutiny should be a rare event, not every few trips out to sea. Not sure what this would look like or I'd write it down.

For the event rolls, I'd like to see a success negate a 1 or 2 (while still allowing you to move). This should keep events to a reasonable level, as they can be brutal.

The impact tokens could be replaced with a simple 2d6 die roll and refer to a table. (5 Holds, 3 Decks, and 2 Sails) could break down as:
2-3 = Sails
4-6 = Decks
7-11 = Holds
12 = Shooter's choice

For the adventure phase, I'd like to see better scaling for parties less than 4 players, some balancing of characters and monsters, and enemy advancement. Character advancement could also use some tweaks (like not allowing certain characters to get certain skills, etc.). And adding health to characters would be great, thanks.

The addition of a more robust Port phase sounds awesome! I'm picturing something along the lines of Shadows of Brimstone's base rules.

A random adventure generator or guidelines for user generated content could be fun too.

Thoughts? What changes would you like to see changed/modified in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.