Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help with this. We just read through the rules for this game. I read the German rules and my partner who's French read the French rules for it. Regarding the flute card, there is a difference in both language versions:

French: players can use the flute card to use the power of both the spirits currently visible on the board and then flip them both over or just one if they chose to use only one.

German: players can use the flute to use one of the two spirits currently visible on the board and then flip that spirit over.

Thanks for your help.
Pedro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Furthermore in page 6 examples on how to activate the spirits there is also inconsistency:

French: All the cards you play can only trigger 1 of the 2 spirits even if your cards have matching icons for both spirits

German: if the cards you play have matching icons with both face up spirits, you can use both of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What are you doing!? I don't even know you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedrator wrote:
Furthermore in page 6 examples on how to activate the spirits there is also inconsistency:

French: All the cards you play can only trigger 1 of the 2 spirits even if your cards have matching icons for both spirits

German: if the cards you play have matching icons with both face up spirits, you can use both of them.

The second part isn't correct, you can trigger only one spirit, and the German rules clearly say so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Lee
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
I would definitely go with the French version because it's the original and how the designer(s) intended the game to play.

With the flute, you can use both Tree Spirits' abilities and then flip them. However, you cannot stack a third Tree Spirit ability from one in your hand. The maximum is two when you play a flute.

For your other post:
Hilko is correct. You can only use the spirit symbol of one card you play(from your hand only) to activate a Tree Spirit ability-- as long as that spirit's tile is face up. The only situation where you'd ever play two is with the flute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denys Lonshakov
Germany
Berlin
Deutschland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, thank you for writing about the Spirit Flute, i'm checking your questions in the last translation edition

English:
When playing the Spirit Flute card, you may use the power of both Spirit Guardians visible on the board regardless of what icons were on your other cards.

German:
Wenn du eine Geisterflöte ausspielst, kannst du die Kraft eines der beiden offen liegenden Waldgeister nutzen, ohne das entsprechende Symbol ausgespielt zu haben.

There is a mistake in German translation, the right rule allows to use both of Spirit Guardians by playing Spirit Flute.

Mentioned example on page 6 is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.