Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I assume these are for vietnam, (as Korea mortars are in countersheet 4 and they are labelled 1/82mm, 2/82mm and 3/82mm for 3-steps and 1/1, 1/2 Mtr... for one-steppers).

But I can only see packages requiring mortar teams in Vietnam campaigns:

16 Med. Mortar Team -> 82mm Mortar Team
17 Lt. Mortar Team -> 60mm Mortar Team

I guess a one step unit is a team and a 3-steps is a section or a squad. So, I'm not sure what to do with the 3-step units in the picture.

What are they for? Is the first one a 82mm mortar team?

BTW, I've just double checked and these counters are also in my 1st edition box. But also there are 1/82mm and 2/82 [G!·C-V] Mtr teams (1 step) wich I can't find in the new edition. Sadly I've already unpunched sheet 5 of 5 so not sure if they were not there or it's just that I cannot find them.

Edit/UPDATE:
I found them. They were posing as fire teams.

So the only question is what are the 3-steps mortars for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am guessing the *** units are the platoon when both of its component * sections are coalesced in one spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacock
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to this page and click on the NVA guide down at the bottom. These units are listed.

https://sites.google.com/site/fieldsoffirebootcamp/new-playe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
These units are listed.

Indeed the 82mm is there, and this text can be read:

An NVA battalion was supported by an 82mm mortar platoon. They were skilled in the use of mortars and used them to great effect to harass US LZs and fortifications and to support assaults. 82mm Mortars had.

But I don't know how could this marker, or the 60mm mortar platoon, get in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
EXCELSIOR!!!
badge
ZOMGALOMES!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
NoMasOvejas wrote:
Quote:
These units are listed.

Indeed the 82mm is there, and this text can be read:

An NVA battalion was supported by an 82mm mortar platoon. They were skilled in the use of mortars and used them to great effect to harass US LZs and fortifications and to support assaults. 82mm Mortars had.

But I don't know how could this marker, or the 60mm mortar platoon, get in play.

I don't have time to find it right now, but I could swear there was some error in one of the Force Packages (looked like a copy/paste error from one war to the next) and I believe it referenced mortars. Could that be it?

Sorry I can't provide the thread at the moment!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.