Photosynthesis» Forums » General

Subject: How would this be as a strictly 2 player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Black Alexidor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Some games are suggested but don't play out very well at 2 players, others scale perfectly. Where does this one land?

Also, does this game border more on the perfect information/chess side of abstract strategy? OR, are there some random elements?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
And the ranger's aim was deadly with the big iron on his hip...
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Alexidor wrote:
Some games are suggested but don't play out very well at 2 players, others scale perfectly. Where does this one land?

Also, does this game border more on the perfect information/chess side of abstract strategy? OR, are there some random elements?

Thanks in advance.

It's a total abstract with perfect information. The theme just happens to fit really well and the components are gorgeous. It's a decent game at 2 players, but I don't have that much experience so take it with a grain of salt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
vidra wrote:
It's a total abstract with perfect information. The theme just happens to fit really well

In other words, it's not an abstract.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
vidra wrote:
It's a total abstract with perfect information. The theme just happens to fit really well

In other words, it's not an abstract.

Not this again

'Abstract strategy game' aka combinatorial - zero randomness, perfect information

'Abstract' - lacking in theme

Stupid terminology...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny van Holten
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
It's perfect with 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Knapp
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Played it at a board game cafe just this past weekend with 2 and had a blast. It's less a battle for space and more a battle for sun, and I suspect both of us made some mistakes choosing places to plant seeds but then again it was our first playthrough.

Funniest part was when the two of us who've never played the game before, and usually have WIDE variances in points when we play games, finished with a tie that had to be broken by a count of trees/seeds on the board. Didn't see that one coming! I loved it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.