Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Anywhere to buy sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Ronnfeldt
Australia
flag msg tools
My game has arrived and I'd like to sleeve pretty much all the cards. Only trouble is I was foolish enough to back the MAGE sleeve kickstarter. At this point it doesn't look like that will fulfill (go check out the comments on kickstarter if you want to see a trainwreck) so now I need to find an alternative.

At this point is there anyone who is taking orders for the odd sized cards in Kingdom Death Monster?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan P
Belgium
Roeselare
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Except for Mage Company, I thought the only one having sleeves of this size available was Swan Panasia. Could be wrong though. Your best bet is to find a retailer that might sell these.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronnie26 wrote:
My game has arrived and I'd like to sleeve pretty much all the cards. Only trouble is I was foolish enough to back the MAGE sleeve kickstarter. At this point it doesn't look like that will fulfill (go check out the comments on kickstarter if you want to see a trainwreck) so now I need to find an alternative.

At this point is there anyone who is taking orders for the odd sized cards in Kingdom Death Monster?


For what it is worth, I ordered the Mage sleeves for the first wave of Kingdom Death about two years ago. It took them quite a while to get me those sleeves (especially coming from Germany to the United States) but, I got them eventually... It's annoying but, you may get them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T McC
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Swan PanAsia has them (or at least they were in stock a week or two ago, when I bought mine).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ronnfeldt
Australia
flag msg tools
Digmecolder wrote:
Ronnie26 wrote:
My game has arrived and I'd like to sleeve pretty much all the cards. Only trouble is I was foolish enough to back the MAGE sleeve kickstarter. At this point it doesn't look like that will fulfill (go check out the comments on kickstarter if you want to see a trainwreck) so now I need to find an alternative.

At this point is there anyone who is taking orders for the odd sized cards in Kingdom Death Monster?


For what it is worth, I ordered the Mage sleeves for the first wave of Kingdom Death about two years ago. It took them quite a while to get me those sleeves (especially coming from Germany to the United States) but, I got them eventually... It's annoying but, you may get them.


Events have occured in the kickstarter that make it very doubtful in my opinion that the sleeves will be fulfilled. This isn't just a case of them being late due to production delays.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Ronnie26 wrote:
My game has arrived and I'd like to sleeve pretty much all the cards. Only trouble is I was foolish enough to back the MAGE sleeve kickstarter. At this point it doesn't look like that will fulfill (go check out the comments on kickstarter if you want to see a trainwreck) so now I need to find an alternative.

At this point is there anyone who is taking orders for the odd sized cards in Kingdom Death Monster?


Paladin is the other one making the odd sized sleeves. The way I'm reading the Mage kickstarter comments their delivery probably won't be that far behind when you'd get delivery from Paladin as they aren't shipping yet either.

The unprofessional bickering aside the Mage Kickstarter doesn't seem to be in that bad of shape, with everything made and just sorting out shipping partner trouble being their only problem now.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ronnfeldt
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the Swan PanAsia tip guys.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to dissuade you looking elsewhere, but for others that stumble onto this, there really isn't any real evidence that Mage will not deliver on the KS. Mismanagement and poor communication most definitely, but I'm still confident they'll deliver.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ronnfeldt
Australia
flag msg tools
oduh wrote:
Not to dissuade you looking elsewhere, but for others that stumble onto this, there really isn't any real evidence that Mage will not deliver on the KS. Mismanagement and poor communication most definitely, but I'm still confident they'll deliver.


No offense but we've had a string of broken promises of when the sleeves would be shipped for months. The latest promise was by the end of October. Now we're being told 'this year'. Estimated delivery was supposed to be MAY. I've received my copy of KD now.

I know it's kickstarter, I expect delays. But let's face it, these are sleeves. It's not some complex boardgame that needs to be produced. A six month and counting delay with multiple broken promises of delivery with rumors of financial difficulty does not inspire confidence, especially when they're having the same fulfilment problems with some of their other kickstarters.

Ultimately I have my game now. If I want to play it sleeved before the end of the year, I need to find an alternative, particularly with no guarantee I'll get my Mage sleeves at all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat. On both the Mage and A-Case kickstarters. Both projects have the goods produced and are stuck in distribution hell. Both projects were also run by Europeans who don't speak English very well which has exacerbated the problem for their English speaking customers because it makes it very difficult for us to follow along with exactly what is happening.

Both companies are fully responsible for the delays and I don't fault anyone for being upset about it. I think some of the comments being made on both projects by backers are a bit over the top, but they have a right to voice their concerns.

All that said, despite all the frustration there is nothing to suggest that either company is being malicious or won't ship as soon as they are able.

Again I'm not trying to dissuade you for looking for another source. Personally, I went with FFG sleeves (two boxes of these) for my standard sized cards, and while they are a mm or two tall (FFG sleeves always are) they are very nice.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I sleeved my original game using FFG sleeves, which have worked great. Obviously only the standard-size cards.

Gear doesn't ever get shuffled and shouldn't experience any wear without sleeves (handling will eventually darken the edge of the card).

The locations really don't need sleeving.

The only questionable ones are the settlement events which are tricky to sleeve. They are also tricky to shuffle well due to their size, so I've left mine unsleeved and often use a d20 roll to pick one instead of shuffling.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donato
Italy
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
Paladin is the other one making the odd sized sleeves. The way I'm reading the Mage kickstarter comments their delivery probably won't be that far behind when you'd get delivery from Paladin as they aren't shipping yet either.

Paladin already shipped several weeks ago, most backers (like me) have had all their sleeves way before KDM started shipping.

They said they are going to do another kickstarter for sleeves in the near future, and there has been some talk about selling directly from their website, although the kickstarter seems more probable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Kaihel wrote:
cormor321 wrote:
Paladin is the other one making the odd sized sleeves. The way I'm reading the Mage kickstarter comments their delivery probably won't be that far behind when you'd get delivery from Paladin as they aren't shipping yet either.

Paladin already shipped several weeks ago, most backers (like me) have had all their sleeves way before KDM started shipping.


I meant to people who currently want to order them. Unless I missed them listed for sale somewhere. Assuming they become available soon I still don't think the Mage sleeve are going to be really that far behind them.

If buyers have to wait on a whole new kickstarter the only way the Mage sleeves won't beat them is if the company folds.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Saricov
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Paladin sleeves
Hello!

Paladin sleeves just arrived, they have a great feeling and fit perfectly. They are also on top of their production and shipping, so they did a quick and great work on their KS fulfillment.

I heard they are going to make another KS for the sleeves, and this time they will probably fulfill even faster because the factory has all the production files.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Turner
msg tools
Struggling to find 52mm x 52mm Swan PanAsia sleeves in UK.

Not even started looking at the Event and Location cards yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vaccaro
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a few packs of these FF sleeves while I'm waiting for my Mage sleeves to continue floating aimlessly in limbo.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1589945131/ref=oh_aui_deta...

They fit absolutely perfectly. With 3 packs, I was able to sleeve the Lion, Antelope and Butcher HL and AI cards, and I had a whopping 2 sleeves remaining. I'm not planning on buying any more just yet. Holding onto hope that Mage pulls through.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought FFG Euro and Mini Squares plus Ultra Pro postcard and ticket sleeves.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah s
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
navaccaro wrote:
I got a few packs of these FF sleeves while I'm waiting for my Mage sleeves to continue floating aimlessly in limbo.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1589945131/ref=oh_aui_deta...

They fit absolutely perfectly. With 3 packs, I was able to sleeve the Lion, Antelope and Butcher HL and AI cards, and I had a whopping 2 sleeves remaining. I'm not planning on buying any more just yet. Holding onto hope that Mage pulls through.


I found a bunch of these exact ones at my local gaming store for $2.99 a pack, and was able to get 17 packs (stocking up in advance for expansions). So my best advice is spend a few hours going to all local tabletop related gaming stores in your area, have a little adventure stalking your prey, and maybe have a little fun finding some hidden gem shops you may not have known were there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.