Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Kokoro: Avenue of the Kodama» Forums » Rules

Subject: Join lines? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Blumer
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I join a line scored in a previous round and score those points a second time?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Avatar
Yes.
6 
 Thumb up
2.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Blumer
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for quick reply.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Journey
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my copy and I was wondering the same thing. Surprised the rulebook doesn't address this, but I was leaning towards interpreting things this way myself. But just to clarify: is it also okay to trace a scoring path from one sanctuary through a sanctuary that has already scored to get at icons on the other side?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Avatar
Yes. You can even have the path at the end of the game be one giant loop that connects to every sanctuary.

There's no distinction between new paths/sanctuaries, or those that were previously used for scoring.
When scoring a sanctuary/guardian, you simply look follow the single path that connects to it, and count the elements it touches.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SaltyHorse wrote:
Yes. You can even have the path at the end of the game be one giant loop that connects to every sanctuary.

There's no distinction between new paths/sanctuaries, or those that were previously used for scoring.
When scoring a sanctuary/guardian, you simply look follow the single path that connects to it, and count the elements it touches.


This is correct.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
radagast14 wrote:
Just received my copy and I was wondering the same thing. Surprised the rulebook doesn't address this, but I was leaning towards interpreting things this way myself. But just to clarify: is it also okay to trace a scoring path from one sanctuary through a sanctuary that has already scored to get at icons on the other side?


Imagine that sanctuaries are a “+”.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
spbtc wrote:
radagast14 wrote:
Just received my copy and I was wondering the same thing. Surprised the rulebook doesn't address this, but I was leaning towards interpreting things this way myself. But just to clarify: is it also okay to trace a scoring path from one sanctuary through a sanctuary that has already scored to get at icons on the other side?


Imagine that sanctuaries are a “+”.


This is wrong. Do not listen to this. A line is not connected to a sanctuary unless it actually passes through the sanctuary.

The discussion in this thread is about extending an existing line, so that it passes through another sanctuary later, and NOT about crossing lines.


Look at the lines in the image from the rulebook again. Sanctuaries score by having paths pass THROUGH them. This is 100% clear.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.