Subject: Side Quest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Spray
United Kingdom
Cardiff
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just started my first game, explored to the FoW card to the North and turned over a side quest card.

Do I leave it there, add it to my hand or what?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krasny wrote:
Just started my first game, explored to the FoW card to the North and turned over a side quest card.

Do I leave it there, add it to my hand or what?

Thanks.

What color is the hand icon?
Do you have space for that color of hand icon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It probably has a book symbol (which means it would go into your journal) or a green hand / bonus card symbol (which means you take it into your hand, obeying the hand size limit for bonus cards).

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Side quests are typically green hand icons. Put it in your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spray
United Kingdom
Cardiff
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do I draw a new exploration card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krasny wrote:
Do I draw a new exploration card?

Only if you were given an instruction to do so (which you probably weren't).

Be happy, the fog of war for this space was no effect, place the map piece and continue exploring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spray
United Kingdom
Cardiff
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The card says if we have three fetish items we replace the card with card xxx.

So the space to the North of 010 remains empty?

Anyways thanks for your help guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Gillespie
Canada
Strathmore
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt that you leave it empty. They wouldn't leave some spots empty or filled in based on what fog card you drew. Fog cards are almost invariably replaced with terrain cards, although sometimes with permanent events. In the top right corner, there should be an icon indicating that you replace it wit the actual card as indicated by the terrain card to which it was attached. It would look like a green diamond flipping over to a grey diamond or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Krasny wrote:
The card says if we have three fetish items we replace the card with card xxx.

So the space to the North of 010 remains empty?

Anyways thanks for your help guys.

This will happen from your hand and is valid until you fulfill or discard the side quest card.
For now, replace the FoW card you just drew with the terrain card with the number depicted on the terrain card you are on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To consolidate what everyone above is telling you:
0) You interacted with an Exploration card. It turned out to be a bonus card (green hand symbol). This goes into the hand of one of the players participating in the action.

0a) Note that the Satchel & Journal Card gives you separate "hand limits" for BLUE and GREEN hand cards (no limit for RED), as well as inventory limits (number of items and number of card per item). At some point in your explorations, you may end up with more GREEN cards than you can hold, forcing a discard.

0b) If a card has a brown BOOK symbol, it goes in the Satchel instead. You keep it, and there is no limit.

1) Upon resolution of the Exploration card, you will place a (usually Terrain) card in the empty space. (Whatever number is on the terrrain card you are standing on pointing to the now empty space. (I am not aware of any situation in which you would place another Exploration [roman numeral] card.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be worth watching a video of the first round or two to get some of those mechanics down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randiv wrote:

1) Upon resolution of the Exploration card, you will place a (usually Terrain) card in the empty space. (Whatever number is on the terrrain card you are standing on pointing to the now empty space.

The top right of the card will have a pictogram/icon of you placing a land tile as a reminder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Norbert666 wrote:
randiv wrote:

1) Upon resolution of the Exploration card, you will place a (usually Terrain) card in the empty space. (Whatever number is on the terrrain card you are standing on pointing to the now empty space.

The top right of the card will have a pictogram/icon of you placing a land tile as a reminder.

I don't know why, but I love the word "pictogram".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.