Cretin Warlord
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
visit my blog The Necrollnomicon: Kitchener and Waterloo Board Game Events
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a group coming to play Massive Darkness tonight and would prefer not to wait for everyone to show. The monsters scale fine but new players would be behind in XP/Loot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The loot doesn't scale with # of players, so you could just give them their starting equipment plus any loot you've saved for them. The XP mostly goes to all players, so you could just keep track of it and give them that much XP when they join.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just loot shuffle, like in 7th continent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could just have people control multiple heroes until the rest of your group shows up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cretin Warlord
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IdleHacker wrote:
The loot doesn't scale with # of players, so you could just give them their starting equipment plus any loot you've saved for them. The XP mostly goes to all players, so you could just keep track of it and give them that much XP when they join.

That is pretty much what I planned on doing if there were no better systems. I was just going to give them all non-minion XP and save as much gear as I could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cretin Warlord
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben Stealer of Bagge wrote:
You could just have people control multiple heroes until the rest of your group shows up.

I won't know what characters/classes everyone will be playing, but thanks for the suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.