Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
At the setup, it is described you begin with "no resources (wood or stone)" and a certain amount of money (0/1/2/3/4 coins). What about the workers? Do you begin with the 3 workers (per the basic game), plus any workers from your family tile OR do you just get the workers from the family tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
wykthor wrote:
At the setup, it is described you begin with "no resources (wood or stone)" and a certain amount of money (0/1/2/3/4 coins). What about the workers? Do you begin with the 3 workers (per the basic game), plus any workers from your family tile OR do you just get the workers from the family tile?

From the BGG stream I watched, it seems like you auction your starting resources for the family tiles. At least, that was my understanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
The auction bids are different. You dont bid your resources. Rather, the higher the winning bid, the LESS the winner receives as his/her starting resources. Plus the money for his/her starting position.

I am inclined to believe a player doesnt start with those 3 workers from the base game but since the rules state you dont start with wood and stone without mentioning workers and the expansion manual states "follow the game base setup with the following changes..", that seems to indicate I am wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristóbal Trujillo Trujillo
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I understand that we receive the three servants and the money indicated on the expansion, after we will realize the auction, but first I understand that. If not put in the rules: Don't receive resources (wood, stone and servants). No?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SIMONE COLOMBO
Italy
Genova
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wykthor wrote:
The auction bids are different. You dont bid your resources. Rather, the higher the winning bid, the LESS the winner receives as his/her starting resources. Plus the money for his/her starting position.

I am inclined to believe a player doesnt start with those 3 workers from the base game but since the rules state you dont start with wood and stone without mentioning workers and the expansion manual states "follow the game base setup with the following changes..", that seems to indicate I am wrong.

It's just like that. Since there is an initial auction, you start with nothing (except for the money) then you get resources and workers related with the place you got during the auction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.