4 Posts

Escape Room: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: Volume of the »Chrono Decoder« noises? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Lloyd
msg tools
Hey everybody!

I am currently considering buying this game. Since I want to maybe play it also in my local boardgame pub, I have two questions concerning the noises made by the so-called »Chrono Decoder«:

Can one regulate the volume of the noises? Are the noises somewhat essential for completing the riddles?

I am asking because the noises might be annoying for the other guests in the pub (who are also playing games or are having a conversation) unless they are really very low.

Thanks for your answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
puck29 wrote:
Hey everybody!

I am currently considering buying this game. Since I want to maybe play it also in my local boardgame pub, I have two questions concerning the noises made by the so-called »Chrono Decoder«:

Can one regulate the volume of the noises? Are the noises somewhat essential for completing the riddles?

I am asking because the noises might be annoying for the other guests in the pub (who are also playing games or are having a conversation) unless they are really very low.

Thanks for your answers.

There is a 'bzzzt' if you enter a bad key sequence.
There is a 'chime' if you enter a good key sequence.
There is a 'victory horn' if you enter the final key sequence.
There is no volume button.
There are no other noises that I recall - though there is a companion app if you want to have thematic sounds going. (Sounds like you won't want that.)

It's really not that obtrusive or loud.

*However*. You will need some space, decent light and some ability to speak and listen to be able to solve the puzzles.

Also, be sure to warn anyone who wants to try to solve the puzzles on their own to not eavesdrop, as it may ruin the experience for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
Emphasis on the decent light. Playing in my friends basement was so bad we grabbed a desk lamp from upstairs and placed it on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Bennetts
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
The C.D. does make sounds like the person above said. It also has ambient sound that plays the entire time. But its not obtrusive at all, just a heartbeat sound and some effects like creaking doors. Although near the end of the timer, the music gets faster and more suspenseful. Pretty fun actually. The sound isn't loud, but if you're concerned, put a piece of tape over the speaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.