6 Posts

Hero Realms: The Ruin of Thandar Campaign Deck» Forums » General

Subject: Cakewalk solo, extremely hard otherwise? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

I've tried the campaign 3 times now, once with the Cleric alone, which cakewalked this thing until I gave up to the horrendous chapter 3 of "let's destroy your deck until you have no deck" ; once with the Thief/Wizard/Fighter where no-one could do anything because of an expensive market, blocked off zones and constant forced discards ; one with Wizard and Fighter where no-one could do anything because of an expensive market, blocked off zones and constant forced discards.

So obviously I think this is not a fun thing at all. To say it politely. But is this just my experience, or did you get into unsolvable situations yourselves too?

Thanks for your feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, turns out I'm missing a couple encounter 1 cards, so my experience is not totally accurate. However, so far I think this game badly needs a house rule to clear out the market deck. Several solo plays I have been shut down completely, buy high priced cards. I think a rule of discarding the end market card each round would be really nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
Well, turns out I'm missing a couple encounter 1 cards, so my experience is not totally accurate. However, so far I think this game badly needs a house rule to clear out the market deck. Several solo plays I have been shut down completely, buy high priced cards. I think a rule of discarding the end market card each round would be really nice.

Totally agree for playing one character. Last time I played I decided to house-rule that if I didn't buy any cards I could remove one. I think I played it as an option and just removed whichever one I wanted.

A rule that just always ate the card on the end would also serve the purpose -- sometimes it would hurt you if that card was an expensive one you wanted but couldn't afford yet. So that seems fairly balanced and keeps the market moving.

It would be nice to have an official rule to use, but if not I feel free to make something up. It is not fun to play a "deck-builder" where you can't really control what cards you buy.

(In answer to OP, I have only played it with one character, the Fighter. I won it, though I felt some pressure in stages 2 and 3. I think stage 1 was a cakewalk. In the 3rd stage I definitely felt some time pressure as far as my deck getting eaten.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nadurgin wrote:
(In answer to OP, I have only played it with one character, the Fighter. I won it, though I felt some pressure in stages 2 and 3. I think stage 1 was a cakewalk. In the 3rd stage I definitely felt some time pressure as far as my deck getting eaten.)

You fought the green demon? What did you think of it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
nadurgin wrote:

You fought the green demon? What did you think of it?

I thought it was annoying, but I just had to kill it fast. Fortunately the Fighter can bust out some burst damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This time my Ranger/Fighter team made it to the Yellow demon and I had a good laugh.
I must have been missing some rules, otherwise having 10 flesh armors, discarding 10 cards or losing 10 champions or suffering 60 damage from them is quite nonsensical laugh

Or is it?

I think I've given this enough chances...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.